Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly - Railroad Single Track - Shoulders and Slopes

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
adamzampino
439 Views, 0 Replies

Subassembly - Railroad Single Track - Shoulders and Slopes

Using Civil3D 2015:

I am designing a standard railroad section, and have used the Subassembly Composer to modify the sample Rail_Cant_Example.pkt file with varying success. I was able to add and apply several variables to allow the enduser to control various aspects of the template, including rail height, ballast shoulders, subballast shoulders, tie dimensions, and slopes and grades.

The template works great when applied along a tangent. When applying it to a curve, that is where things don't work properly. The example file does not work, either. However, the default RailSingle subassembly that comes with Civil3D seems to work better, except that it is not configured correctly and would be difficult if not impossible for me to edit.

The issue is that I have not been able to get the slopes and shoulders to work together correctly. For example, when applying AOR, either the ballast shoulders have the correct dimensions but the foreslopes are no longer 2:1, or the foreslopes are correct but the shoulder dimensions vary with the smaller shoulder on the superelevated side (see attached image).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to break the subassembly into multiple subassemblies and reconnect them, if that would be a solution?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Adam

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report