AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
om_gc
Message 1 of 4 (192 Views)
Accepted Solution

Subassembly problem

192 Views, 3 Replies
09-26-2013 08:34 PM

I want the ditch at the bottom of the slope. It keeps on attaching at the EP. My subassembly is attached..

Your ditch IS attached to the EP, at least in cut anyway. You have your lane, then a conditional cut, then your ditch.

Ir are you talking about your fill? Looks like you have a daylight then the ditch. It should be working in fill.

The daylight in fill, you'd be better off using the link slope to surface instead. Attaching a subassembly to part of a daylight can be inconsistent.
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 4 (185 Views)

Re: Subassembly problem

09-26-2013 09:01 PM in reply to: om_gc
Your ditch IS attached to the EP, at least in cut anyway. You have your lane, then a conditional cut, then your ditch.

Ir are you talking about your fill? Looks like you have a daylight then the ditch. It should be working in fill.

The daylight in fill, you'd be better off using the link slope to surface instead. Attaching a subassembly to part of a daylight can be inconsistent.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 3 of 4 (165 Views)

09-26-2013 11:00 PM in reply to: om_gc

Not sure, but it almost looks like both of the conditional tests are being evaluated as true, and both daylights are being built.  Matt's solution is probably correct, but you might want to also check the corridor parameters and make sure that the conditional targets are right.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Active Contributor
om_gc
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

09-28-2013 06:50 AM in reply to: sboon

Thanks guys. I followed matt method & it works.

Steve - I chose target and existing surface target as my existing surface.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!