Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
ssonnen
5792 Views, 13 Replies

Subassembly Error

I am attempting to create an assembly in the new C3D 2012. When I try to add any subassembly I get the following error:

"One or more subassembly.Net classes could not be found. Check the Event Viewer for more information. Continue?"

When I hit yes to continue it will let me fill out the subassembly data, then give me the same error and not add the subassembly.

The Event Viewer Descriptions:

[Subassembly.OverlayWidenMatchSlope1].Net subassembly project, module, or class not found ([\\Nas-01\cad\cad-support\acad2012\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll!Subassembly.OverlayWidenMatchSlope1] (Source:Roadway)

[Subassembly.OverlayWidenMatchSlope1].Net subassembly project, module, or class not found (Source: )

This is going to the correct location on the serve (Nas-01...) and the C3DStockSubassemblies.dll file is there.

This was installed this way as part of our installation of C3D 2012.

The Subassembly dialog box list the correct location on our server also:

.Net Class Name: Subassembly.OverlayWidenMatchSlope1

.Net Assembly Name: \\Nas-01\cad\cad-support\acad2012\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

SSonnen

SSonnen
Windows 7 x 64
8GB Ram
Intel Xeon CRU 4 Core @ 3.07GHz
Civil 3D 2012 .....
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mikekillion
in reply to: ssonnen

I am receiving the same error and hoping to find the resolution as well. To add additional information, my error log points to the location where the 2011 information was stored, as my corridor was originally created in the previos version. Is there a way to adjust where 2012 looks for these files, or a hunt path the application takes?

Thanks,

MIke

Message 3 of 14
tyronebk

SSonnen, just a quick question. Do you know if your system and network are setup to allow running DLLs over a network? That is generally considered a security risk and is not usually allowed nowadays.

Message 4 of 14
Terrain_IaPLS
in reply to: tyronebk

Just wanted to ask if anyone has a clear solution to above ??

NONE of our Civil stock Subassemblies work when dragging from Tool Palette (R12).

We've moved rather << from 08 to R12, and have this SAME problem on all workstations 32 or 64bit.

Usually do installs / Networked (Deployments) myself, yet we paid this time, and rather lacking on getting us

back to par.

See that R12 has some pathes from client deployment that are now called "MODEL and ROOT".

Had the ROOT (that stocks the Assemblies and PipeNetwork) placed on server , and has the "C3Dstocksubassemblies.dll"

as needed.  Any support path (Options) to this just still does NOT do the trick.

At current point, "could" (or is) this be a .DLL runtime issue over server ???

For our Tool Palettes, we've always had set to server (and for Authoring) so all can access other(s) work, create, etc.

Attached are current file Paths for Support and the Tool Palettes.

Our standard CAD / Tool Palettes that get set by user show up for other users, so ALL is working on the core CAD side.

Civ3D log file returns:

[Subassembly.(NAME)] .NET subassembly project, module, or class not found

(SERVER)\data\ADSK Civil\Civil3D Templates\ADSK Civ3D Root\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll ! Subassembly.(NAME)

The .DLL is at the PATH, and a Support path.  Adding to the Toolpalettes path did not help.

As I look at this, SHOULD the DLL be within the "ASSEMBLIES" subdir. (Both Imperial & Metric), or ??

Sorry, just a bit lost at why failing.... and seams a logical path issue.

Request back to the firm that installed pointed us to typ. LOCAL enu dir.'s.  Guess they forgot how we stepped in to

coord., and only LOCAL ref. to DLL is under the Local install dir..... \ Sample\Civil 3D API\obj\......

Greatly appreciate any thougths...

Geoff T.

Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

Message 5 of 14
mathewkol
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

Like an earlier post said, you can't run DLL's from the server (which appears how you have it set up) unless you jump through the hoops required by Windows (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Running-dll-from-network-drive/m-p/2766390#M20636)  The server is generally the wrong place for these subassemblies.  They should have been installed to your local machine and not to the server.

You'll need to reinstall C3D and have these, and any other DLL's install to their default location on the local machine.  If you hired someone to create deployments for you and they did this, you need to get them back to fix it...and do it for free.  An expert installing C3D should know this.

BTW, the above mentioned workflow for getting DLL's to run from a network share does not work in all circumstances.  Use it at your own risk.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 14
Terrain_IaPLS

Matt,

Appreciate reply.  Did see above regarding the DLL's running over Network, and having (stiill) our MIS look into config. option regarding the link ref. provided (prev. ref.ed).  Yet, is it really a benefit (Should have been orig. question) ?

Given the R12 Deployments are simply creating the "ROOT" and "MODEL" dir.'s (as pathed from deployment), do

we really need to "reinstall" ?  As provided in atttch., wouldn't we be able to just move these onto the local drives ?,

since the DLL ref.'s are present within the ROOT dir.

And if ADSK is letting user path this out w/o any mention of the .DLL issue, why don't they park the DLL's / support files local and simply point / embed the deployment paths for the ROOT and MODEL content that may be parked on Server ?

And.... still lost as to what should be in the MODEL dir. ??

Do have support / request regarding this issue w/ reseller that installed, yet (also still) pending reply on issue.

We asked this back in June... and gave an out-of-box reply that had nothing to do w/ our deployments.

Any insight to have "Default" dir. ref. where the ROOT and MODEL support dir.'s are for deployments? , or any ref.

regarding thier (better) management ?

Main ?, is for those "Subassemblies" that we create and share w/ users vs. the STOCK, my thought was as mentioned

w/ Tool Palettes in having them as a shared resource / users add & author and avail. to everyone (user addes to pallette,

and avail. to ALL).  In prior release(s), we did have local, yet seeing this ROOT and MODEL path options within deployment I stepped in (without any discussion from reseller) and had them parked on Server based on same idea for growing our user / access to ALL Subassemblies just like our typ. blocks / commands / etc. avail. thru Tool Palettes.

Again, any ?'s on above, would REALLY appreciate.

Thanks again,

Geoff T.

Geoff T.

32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.

Message 7 of 14
mathewkol
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

Nothing about your problem, but...you are probably trying to save time when you type, using abbreviatoins for almost every other word.  it's difficult to follow what you're saying.

About your problem, you may be able to copy them locally, but there is a registry key AECCContent_Dir that gets chnaged when you tell the deployment to move them to the server.  I'm not sure it's as easy as just chaning that value and moving the files.

Also, there may be other keys that need changing, I'm not sure what/if there are.

Good luck.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 14
mikekillion
in reply to: mathewkol

I was able to resolve our proble by modifying the Acad.exe.Config file in the installation directory on the local machine. Here is the entirety of the file:

<configuration>
	<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
		<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
	</startup>
	<!--All assemblies in AutoCAD are fully trusted so there's no point generating publisher evidence-->
  <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>

<runtime>
		<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
		<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><probing privatePath="bin\FDO;bin;Plugins\Workflow\Activities"/></assemblyBinding></runtime>
</configuration>

Don't know if this will work for everyone, but this worked for us. Please note this fix opens a security risk many people warn about as it allows code to be loaded from remote sources. But it allows us to place company resources on a mapped drive or other network share, saving me headaches trying to manage resources.

Mike Killion

Message 9 of 14
LeafRiders
in reply to: mikekillion

Could someone from Autodesk give clear instructions on how to ensure the stock subassemblies are available after the primary installation. Civil 3D is design software that needs use of these subassemblies, without them you have an AutoCAD license.

Message 10 of 14
Terrain_IaPLS

AGREE.....

Attempts to run "any" of the suggestions provided have NOT worked.

We're still sitting on 3 mo's w/o any ability to run this ROOT / MODEL support directory from the server.

If this is a .NET issue to run the .dll's off server, you would think there would be a DIRECT / SPECIFIC

solution to enable users to make this happen much more effective than having to shout on a discussion

group.  Pipes / Structure library(s) work just fine, suppose to be .NET framework, yet don't see any .dll

support.  So what is the hangup regarding the SubAssemblies......... ???

Not interested in becoming a .NET framework expert at this time...

A "solution" for Civil3D would be "really" appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff T.

Geoff T.

32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.

Message 11 of 14
raghulan

Type a repair install of Civil3D which should fix it.

Regards,

Raghulan Gowthaman Cert IV TAA, B.E,.
Senior Technical Consultant | Developer - R&D
A2K Technologies Sydney
Web : www.a2ktechnologies.com.au
www.civil3dforum.com | www.e4forums.com
www.zcodia.com.au
www.raghulangowthaman.com
Message 12 of 14
doni49
in reply to: raghulan

Hopefully, the OP already got the problem fixed in the more than two years after asking the question.  Smiley Happy

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 13 of 14
JonMartin_Stantec
in reply to: doni49

Hello,

Obviously it has been a about 5 or 6 years since this question was posted, and a couple since the last post. But I'll put in my two cents in case anyone else stumbles across this forum post in a search.

We have been running into this problem since we started using custom subassemblies, now we are at the point were we do almost all detailed design modelling using only custom subassemblies.  We normally run into this issue when the Microsoft .Net framework installed on a user's machine does not match the version of the user who created the subassembly.  

Our standard fix is to simply install the missing .Net framework, then reboot and that normally fixes things:   https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

Another option is for a user to open the .pkt file in subassembly composer and then save it, as that will update the framework to match their system - but this will obviously mess things up for other users.  

I have not found that using references off of the network is the issue, as c3d creates a local copy of the subassembly on your C drive in this directory: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2017\enu\Imported Tools (note that you need to have 'show hidden files and folders' setting turned on to be able to see the 'Program Data' folder). When you import a subassembly c3d unzips the file to that location and creates a folder containing all the necessary files, as well as the image and help file.  So after that point c3d is no longer looking on the network for .dll files or anything.

Our standard practice is to have the subassembly .pkt files saved on our network in a resource section, then when we start a new project the subassemblies being used are copied to a folder in the project file system, this then means that if you need to go back to a project later on you have the exact version of the subassembly that was originally used instead of only having an updated version on the network.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Message 14 of 14
LyleHardin

4 years later.... This solution worked for me. Installing the latest .net framework as suggested by @JonMartin_Stantec .

We were having troubles with the 2018 Corridor Rehab. When trying to update a corridor on machine B when the corridor was originally made on machine A we kept getting the "One or more subassembly.Net classes could not be found" errors/warning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report