Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Editing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SDcivil
771 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly Editing

I modified the UrbanCurbGutterGeneral subassembly that comes with C3D2013 to match our local standards.  Came out great and is working.  I copied the Subassebmly, made my edits and renamed it "G-2".  My problem is that when I select the subassembly in the drawing, the properties box still shows it as "UrbanCurbGutterGeneral".  Why is it showing as one name on by Tool Palettes and a different name in the drawing??

See image.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: SDcivil

You need to copy the sub and paste it to a NEW custom tool palette and not into the original one like you have done.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
ddouglas

How did you open the subassembly file, What program?. I was under the impression that Subassembly Composer can't open the stock subassemblies.

I have been tiring for weeks to get a modified Gravel Road subassembly to work with SuperElevation properly. It works on a flat area but the shoulder slopes change and the ditch depths change when in superelevated region. I am very new to Subassembly Composer and would like to be able to open the existing Road and Shoulder subassemblies to see how they are configured to accept the Superelevation requirements.

Thanks for any help in advance

Don

Message 4 of 5
SDcivil
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks for your reply.  I just cut/pasted saved it over to a custom pallate, as suggested, and renamed the subassembly.  I did a test and attached it to one of my assemblies.  If I next select the curb it still shows up in my properties as named "UrbanCurbAndGutter".

Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

Ok, I think I know what you're doing.  You get this right?  The "Name" still says Urban Curb...?

This is normal and you can't change it.  When you copy a tool palette tool, you're renaming the tool, not the subassembly.  You'd need to edit the .NET code to change the name of it.  Short answer is you can't do it without lots of unnecessary work.

1.png

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report