Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly depends on cut or fill

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
275 Views, 9 Replies

Subassembly depends on cut or fill

I have a situation where my daylight situation changes based on cut or fill. I think the Standard daylight would work but I need a width dependent cut/fill not height after the cut ditch. Is there anything that will let me do a cut/fill test then choose which subassembly to use? If this is the case then I could use the standard daylight assembly for cut and daylightmaxwidth for fills. Or am i going to have to create my own sub?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cadtown
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post or e-mail me your dwg file ?...

Peter,
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Theres not a whole lot in my DWG right now. Just the corridor/align/profile. Is there a way to do what I'm talking about fairly easily?
Message 4 of 10
marcelloporretto

Did You try DaylightGeneral ? There is a cut test point in that subassembly, look at the help.

Sorry about my english.

Marcello Porretto
Rio de Janeiro / Brasil
C3D 2008 SP2
Message 5 of 10
cadtown

What you are trying to do can be and should be done very easily in Section3D. You may find the following posting interesting:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5643206

Peter,
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Peter,

I thought I would point out item 8 from the discussion group ground rules:

Post relevant advertisements and other types of promotional messages only to the Classifieds discussion group.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say please stop trying to sell every user with a template problem Section 3D.

Booker
Message 7 of 10
cadtown

Clarification: I do not sell Section3D and I do not work for the company that sells Section3D. I am trying to inform & help those with problems that there is a clear & better solution to their problems, and many people are now glad that they finally found a solution. But if you indeed speak for everyone here I will stop posting as you wish.

Peter,
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Are you the programmer for Section 3D?

Bill

wrote in message news:5877249@discussion.autodesk.com...
Clarification: I do not sell Section3D and I do not work for the company
that sells Section3D. I am trying to inform & help those with problems that
there is a clear & better solution to their problems, and many people are
now glad that they finally found a solution. But if you indeed speak for
everyone here I will stop posting as you wish.

Peter,
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

And I quote

" Reply From: cadtown
Date: Jul/12/06 - 01:23 (GMT)

Re: Corridor for divided highway
Josh,

I've created a very versatile X-Section Viewer/Editor called Section3D for Civil 3D 2006/2007. With this add-on application you can create just about any type of complex X-sections/Templates including divided highway without writing a single line of VB codes. You can download the application and the tutorials from www.cadtown.com (yes, the demo version is free but you will be surprised how useful/flexible it can be). Just browse through the tutorial and I will send you the license file if you e-mail me the reg. number.

Peter
"
Booker

And I dont speak for everyone. I will let them do that for themselves. I just speak for me and am tired of solutions being sold by their creators. Just cause we dont see alot of moderators doesnt mean we cant abide by the rules Message was edited by: bookerT
Message 10 of 10
cadtown

I am the author but I do not sell the software and I have left CAD industry back to design & engineering.

But I honestly think what I created have solved and will solve many problems for Civil3D users in Civil Engineering Community. There are already many people actively using Civil3D & Section3D for serious Transportation projects, and they are all glad that they have finally found an excellent solution to their problems and can now move on to get the job done in Civil 3D. Section3D is both promoting and complementing Civil 3D and it was an indirect answer/solution (i.e. providing excellent api foundation other products are lacking) by Autodesk in my opinion.

Sharing different ideas and solutions is what DG is all about and Section3D is simply another interesting idea by a Civil engineer who strived to find a creative solution to the problems.

If you are "tired of solutions being sold by their creators" just ignore it... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be helpful to others.

Peter,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report