Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly DaylightGeneral link code, change codes or priority of codes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cadconfused
888 Views, 2 Replies

Subassembly DaylightGeneral link code, change codes or priority of codes?

I have some custom Link Styles for Daylight_Fill, Daylight_Cut and Slope_Link.  In my Assembly the cut and fill branch off and the fill sections shows up as I want it, although the cut does not show up as Daylight_Cut, it instead shows up as Slope_Link, which I have set up as grass for a swale.  I noticed that if I hover over them the link codes are in different orders.

Fill shows: Top, Datum, Slope_Link, Daylight, Daylight_Fill       (Displays as Daylight_Fill and working as I would like)

Cut shows: Top, Datum, Daylight, Daylight_Cut, Slope_Link    (Displays as Slope_Link and not working as I would like)

It would appear that the order of the Link Codes is important and the last code overrides.  Is there a way to change the DaylightGeneral Link codes or change the order so I can make sure the one that I want shows up?

Thank you for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadconfused
in reply to: cadconfused

No one has any ideas?

Message 3 of 3
tscheevel
in reply to: cadconfused

Point and link codes are hard coded into the OOTB subassemblies. I believe the only ones you can change are in the generic links. I suspect that, when there are links with multiple codes applied, the software draws a link for each code with the last one on top. I've had situations where the color of a link in cross section view doesn't match a style of any of the multiple codes applied to it. You could edit your code set style to give the Slope_Link code a no display style, but then your swale wouldn't have the style you want. I'm a little rusty on the daylight subassemblies right now, but I suggest taking a look at the DaylightBasin2 subassemblies. They are quite flexible. Don't be put off by the berm. It's optional in fill conditions.  You might also try a combination of generic links which you code to suit yourself. You can make up your own codes for the genteic links. I even coded one HamSandwich once just for fun, and it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report