Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SMiddick
2132 Views, 9 Replies

Subassembly Composer

I have just started using the SAC and I have a few problems.

I will start with this one:

I have created a simple pavement structure. I set a width parameter and a grade parameter but when I change them in the properties box the subassembly doesn't change.

I hope this is something simple that I am overlooking but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: SMiddick

Attaching your subassembly file to your post so that we can see what you were trying will help get an answer. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 10
SMiddick
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

This is for the pavement that will be a bridge over a RR. The turn down on the outside edge serves as a cap for the MSE wall we are using.

Looks like I am not allowed to attach a pkt file. The attached file is not a zip. After you download it, change the extension to a pkt.

Message 4 of 10
KMercier_C3D

In order for the logic to utilize your Input Parameters you must use the variables in the definition of the points. 

Click P2&L1 and view the Properties. In the Point Geometry Properties change the following variables leaving all others as their default:

Slope: Slope

Delta X: Width

Because you have the Offset Target set to use the TargetParameter1, your Preview will use that value. Change the drop down at the top of the Preview panel from Roadway Mode to Layout Mode to view the values as set ignoring any target parameters. 

I would suggest that you read some of the documentation for the Subassembly Composer which will help you make the most of this very powerful tool. Althought it is a bit of self promotion,I did present on this topic at AU and the handout which will walk you through some examples as well as the pkt files from my class are available on the AU website: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9196 

AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 10
Jeff_M

@KMercier_C3D wrote:

Althought it is a bit of self promotion,I did present on this topic at AU and the handout which will walk you through some examples as well as the pkt files from my class are available on the AU website: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9196 

And a mighty fine class it was/is, too. I'm glad I decided to attend it even though I don't currently have a need for the SAC. I'm sure the information will come in handy at some point.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 10
SMiddick

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have printed the documentation and I plan on going through it today. Glad you decided to promote yourself! Smiley Happy This is the kind of information I need!

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 7 of 10
KMercier_C3D

Stephen, Once you jump back in to working on your file, feel free to stop by with more questions! 

Jeff_M, Thank you for the compliment. It is always nice to know when hard work pays off. 

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I have issue with carrying the right hand output slope to left hand side of assembly( screen shot attached.) Kerb Return alignment, we are facing the problem with constant LHS slope, it is not varying with RHS slope. we want carry the RHS Varying bottom slope to LHS bottom to generate bottom surface. I have use custom subassembly (attached).

Please guide me to sort this issue

jitheshsanjeeva_1-1634108967523.png

Regards

Jithesh

Message 9 of 10

Hi  jithesh.sanjeeva

I change a little your PKT file and upload back with short video how to do it. Hope this can help you.

Message 10 of 10

Thank very much brother.

Regards
Jithesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report