Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subassembly composer

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
vcoleman
3478 Views, 12 Replies

subassembly composer

created a subassembly and I receive this error.

Something wrong with current subassembly: Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'.] (Source: Subassembly.SimpleSlopeAllowsNegative)

Windows 7

civil 3d 2014 SP1

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
doni49
in reply to: vcoleman

Can you post your pkt file?  What version of SAC are you using?

Put your file in a zip file and then post that.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 13
vcoleman
in reply to: doni49

I am using 2014 sac

Message 4 of 13
doni49

When are you seeing this error message?  Under what conditions?  I opened your pkt file in SAC2014 and didn't get any errors there.  Then I created a new dwg file with an alignment, surface, profile & corridor with your SA assigned to it.

The alignment is 1100 ft long with a frequency of 25'.  The only errors I got indicated that it had trouble finding the surface in a few places.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 13
vcoleman

I receive the error when i select it from the Tool palettes. When I edit the cut and fill then select the marked point within the assembly it doesnt shoe the cut and fill information.
Message 6 of 13
doni49

Can you post the dwg file? 

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 13
doni49

Also....   What is the purpose of this SA?  Are you just trying to learn how to use SAC?  Or are you planning to use this in production?

I ask because it looks like it does nothing other than seek a daylight.  You can do that with an OOTB SA.

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 13
vcoleman

I am trying to learn SAC. and would like to use this since its a simple cut and fill that we could use. I don't know what OOTB SA is could you explain.
Message 9 of 13
doni49

OOTB = Out Of The Box (meaning without requiring any customization)

SA = SubAssembly

I can tell you that you'll regret using a Custom SA when it's not required and I'd advise you not to do so.  Do you know that if someone else needs to open a dwg file that has your custom SA in it, then they need to also have it installed on their computer?  Do you think you'd ever have to send your dwg file to someone outside your office?  HUGE PITA!

I'd suggest using BasicSideSlopeCutDItch.  It will allow you to spec a cut slope and a separate fill slope -- and if you don't want a ditch, then spec zero for the ditch width.

Making a custom SA for the purpose of learning to do so (but then not using it in production) is one thing but to make (and use) a custom SA to do something that can be easily done without it -- NO THANKS and not recommended.

But back to your original question RE the error, I'm unable to reproduce the error here.  Can you post your dwg file and I'll try it with your data set?  If I (or someone else) can reproduce the error, then there's a possibility of helping to solve it.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 13
vcoleman

Thanks
Message 11 of 13

Wher can I find this Sabassembly composer app?

Message 12 of 13

It comes with C3D. Unless you turned it off during C3D installation, it was automatically installed. Look on your Windows Start Menu, under Autodesk.

Don Ireland

Message 13 of 13

Okay thanks I will try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report