Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer - Viewing Alternatives

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
markmcguire3467
1522 Views, 8 Replies

Subassembly Composer - Viewing Alternatives

Kudos on the Subassembly Composer software - spent the last two days watching Kati's and Peter's AU presentation and created a typical Taxiway subassembly with all of the FAA required shoulders, safety areas, daylight slopes, and ditches.  Very cool and useful - my question is simply about the appearance of the subasembly in the Assembly view.  All of my decission options work when modeling the Corridor, but the assembly view only shows one option.  Co-workers unfamiliar with the subassembly might ask the simple question "what happens in a fill situation?"  as currently only the cut options shows up.  It still works in a fill situation so I'm not overly concerned but it would be nice if the assembly view showed both options at the decision points...

Thanks - finally feeel like I can use corridors and make the most out of the Code Set styles since subassembly compser allows me to create as many link codes as I want!  lots of flexibility now in my 2D and section presentations...

Mark. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: markmcguire3467

You can alter the display height of the surface. It's somewhere on the right of the surface you created.
Message 3 of 9
markmcguire3467
in reply to: Anonymous

Im referring to within Civil 3D, not the Composer itself.  Yes, moving my surface reference in the composer shows the various scenarios programmed into the assembly.  just dont know how to get the options to show in Civil 3D...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Ah right I see. I was wondering that myself actually.

I have made a concrete barrier subassembly that will add drainage channels automatically when the crossfall of the road falls towards the barrier. When I add the assembly it will only show the option without the drainage channels.

I just figured that it can only display one thing, but it would be nice if you can see the different variations one way or another.

Message 5 of 9
markmcguire3467
in reply to: Anonymous

guess we can take some screenshots of the compser previews and put those images in a help file...  do you know if the help file is included in the pkt file?  i suppose it is as apparently the pkt file is just a zipped group of files...

good idea on the drain next to the barrier - a firm in virginia forgot those on a highway project years ago and the change order made the local paper front page...

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am not sure about the help file, as I am farely new to the composer myself. I would imagine it is part of the file though...

Message 7 of 9

You can control the way the subassembly displays by adding a decision that checks for layout mode.  Use the condition SA.IsLayout.  Then on the true branch you can add elements to display the subassembly how you want in assembly layout mode.  The attached image shows a portion of the flowchart for a simple daylight slope. In layout mode it will draw both cut and fill links

SubassemblyDecisionLayout.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 8 of 9

Where can you find the acceptable conditions?  SA.IsLayout - found some explanation under API Functions / SA Class but I don't understand what you mean by "checking for layout mode".  Is there a setting in Civil 3D that sets the mode for the assembly appearance?  I'm unaware of having any option about its appearance...other than Code Set Styles.

Thanks.

Mark.

Message 9 of 9

You found the only information that I am aware of in the API section of the online help document. 

The layout mode is not a setting.   It is the term for displaying the subassembly in the assembly layout, as apposed to the corridor or cross section display modes.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report