Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer - Varying Depths and Shapes Issue

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
LeafRiders
803 Views, 1 Reply

Subassembly Composer - Varying Depths and Shapes Issue

I have a case with the Subassembly Composer where I have 3 varying depths. InsideLane, OutsideLane, and Shoulder. My Base shape below these 3 shapes will not setup properly. I understand why, it's because the varying depths will create a potential step up or down situation depending on the depth of the top 3 shapes. This prevents the definition of the Base Shape. 

For the sake of quantities I'd like to create a Base Shape. I could create Base1 Base2 Base3 (one below Inside Lane, Outside Lane, and Shoulder). I would prefer not to for clarity purposes. 

How could one approach this? I'm thinking that I need some conditional components to clean this up. I'm not a pro writing expressions (maybe someone can provide some examples of these to assist). I basically need to define the links that define the varying depths between the top 3 depths. I need to create another point and link if the depths vary, and that link needs to be included within the shape definition for Base. Just don't know how to get there, anyone? Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
machadt
in reply to: LeafRiders

Hi Kelly,

In this case, I suggest a way:

1. To create AuxLink at the bottom of the Top 3 shape.
  2. To compare the Y value (or elevation) of the Point at the bottom of the Top 3 shape.
  3. To use the Max or Min one as the reference of the bottom of the Base Shape.
  4. To use Intersection Point to find other points and finish Base Shape.

In this way, Point API may be used. For reference, the help wiki can be found in SAC Help menu. And there are some tutorial samples in wiki. Hope that will be useful.

I just provide a general idea. I am not sure whether it can be understood and whether it can be used to solved your particular issue. So if you have any questions about that, please feel free to let me know.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report