AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 11 of 12 (207 Views)

Re: Subassembly Composer - Stripping surface tool

11-29-2012 03:21 PM in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Did you add this slope link in your Assembly design in Civil 3D or did you have this built right into your custom SA?  I'm thinking it's likely just required on the outside of the stripping SA. 

I need a slope link on both ends (it's not crucial mind you). What we need is the stripping from the edge of the shoulder to the end of the daylight (ditch or side sideslope). I have built it so I can set the offset from C/L or target a feature for the inside of the stripping. For the outside of the stripping i've done the same thing. What I'm not seeing is how i can build into the custom SA a tie-in of a slope link to the target surface.

Thanks.

Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 12 of 12 (196 Views)

Re: Subassembly Composer - Stripping surface tool

11-30-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: LeafRiders

I can see two ways to do the closing link. One would be to add a link from the end of the stripping link to the OG surface. This would make a link that would close beyond the daylight point. The second option would be to add a link from the daylight point back towards the centerline down to the stripping depth and then add the stripping linke between the EOS and that point.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.