Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer - Link Slope to Elevation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
riaangroen
7494 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly Composer - Link Slope to Elevation

Hi

Can someone help me with this subassembly. Not sure if its correct.

Its a embankment crest (dam wall) and then sloping down at an angle to a target elevation. I want it to shoot through my topo / surface and then apply a boundary later.

It looks fine in Composer but doesn't show up in C3D - only straight line.

Would like the same outcome as the Generic Link Code - LinkSlopetoElevation.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: riaangroen

An "Elevation" Target Parameter is meant to be associated with a profile which is why it looks flat in Civil 3D, it doesn't have a profile associated with it so it doesn't know what elevation to shoot to. Do you want this to just be a constant elevation? If so, then instead of a target parameter, use a "Double" Input Parameter, this will allow the user to change the constant in the Parameters in Civil 3D. 

Once you have the Double Input Parameter named something such as BottomElevation. For point P3, you will use the Slope and Delta Y type. The slope will be whatever you want, either a hard entered value or an Input Parameter variable name. The Delta Y will be BottomElevation-P2.elevation. You can still leave the Target Parameter if you want and set the Elevation Target to your target parameter, and then this will be an optional target that will override the constant Input Parameter if provided by the user. 

Hopefully all of this makes sense. Good luck!

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5
riaangroen

Iv used the parameters you told me in the post, but the Slope Delta Y is sloping up and if I give it a negative value the point disappears? Not sure why??

Ive attached a snap shot of what my end product should look like.

It’s a multiple lift embankment:

Crest width (that’s easy)

Upstream Slope 2:1 sloping down to a elevation. (example: if my profile is at RL 200 and the topo at RL 50, I want the slope to shoot through the topo eg, elevation RL 20, and then apply a boundary later to it.

Same with the Downstream Slope.

Omit a link for the next lift eg. – 5m down.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5
KMercier_C3D

In order to slope down and to the right you need a negative value for both the slope and the delta Y, so add a negative before the slope (if you always want this value to be negative but you worry wheter the used will enter it as positive or negative you can use -math.abs(Slope) this will force the value to be negative).

The point will not be plotted if the slope is positive and the delta Y is negative or if the slope is negative and the delta Y is positive. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 5
riaangroen

And to Omit a point, I would just add a point that refers to P1, without a link attached to it? Correct.and then Astarte my second lift. all the point for the second lift will refer back to the first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report