Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer for Civil 3D - on Subsription Center

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dsimeone
3837 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly Composer for Civil 3D - on Subsription Center

Hi everyone - not sure if you're aware of this...

Cheers

Dave Simeone

Autodesk® Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2011 & 2012 Now Available for Subscription Customers

The Autodesk® Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2011 & 2012 software provides a powerful, yet easy-to-use interface to visually modify or create complex subassemblies without the need for programming.

• The flowchart provides a more intuitive view of the subassembly logic and is easily modified using drag and drop functionality.
  • The graphical preview displays the subassembly geometry and can be used to help simulate how the subassembly can behave with different target values.
  • Selection in the flowchart and preview are synchronized making it easier to find and edit the properties of a subassembly component.
  • Subassembly Composer works directly with PKT files that can be imported into AutoCAD Civil 3D

This application is compatible with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012. Content is currently available in English only, but will install on all language versions of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012.

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: dsimeone

Will the Subassembly Composer have it's own Discussion Group or should questions be posted here in the Civil 3D Discussion Group?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5
dsimeone
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Kati - As of now we'll use the main C3D Discussion Group. It's hard to talk about SA Composer without also talking about how the SAs you create will then be used in C3D. We've also launched the SA Composer Wiki help which I hope to see grow and improve based on the type of feedback that we often get in discussion groups. Not the same thing, i know...

The subassembly composer Wiki is very cool. Let us know what you think. Also, we're hoping this is where people load samples/content that they want to share with the broader community.

See ya

Dave S

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 4 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: dsimeone

Is there any way to 'watch' the Subassembly Composer wiki to see what the newest content being added is? While I think the wiki will be a great resource for new users, I don't know if people will think to keep looking back if it didn't answer a question in the past even if the new content would answer their question.

I see that there is a Recent Changes and an RSS feed but those appear to be for all the wikis combined and not specific to the SAC wiki. Am I missing something?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
TimYarris
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Kati,

Once a user signs in to the Wiki, each page has a Notifications control. (Also note that one has to be signed in to the wiki to make edits and upload content.) The attached image shows the main SAC wiki page; I have notifications turned on for the main page and all subpages. Users can also turn on notifications on a page-by-page basis.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report