Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubAssembly Composer Expression

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jay.Meszar
1266 Views, 5 Replies

SubAssembly Composer Expression

Hello All,

I am trying to create an expression in SAC and am having trouble getting it to work the way I want.  The goal is to have the subassembly figure out what slope to use.  If I do not have superelevation, I want it to use the grade for the in the input.output parameters.  If I do have superelevation, I want it to use the super settings.  So far I have this

IF((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftSO),SE.LeftSO,CType(ShoulderSlope,Double))

This works if I am only creating a left side.  However, I want it to decide which side super elevation settings by the input parameter side....Hope this makes sense..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I would do this inside of SAC instead of trying to do it in a single statement. You can add a flow chart to the flow chart if you don't want to see it. I would first test for left or right, then I would check for the super value, if that isn't found, then go to the input value. Then bring the branches together and take it from there.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Jay.Meszar
in reply to: Jay.Meszar

Thanks Peter.  I was trying to avoid my subassembly from having to make that decision simply because I have found that on some machines, SAC eats the memory and will not display the flowchart completely when it gets to large.  I found a way to do what I was asking though.  The formula is below.

IF((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftSO),SE.LeftSO, IF((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightSO),SE.RightSO,CType(ShoulderSlope,Double)))

Message 4 of 6
ccookusi

Jay,

Can you post some snapshots of this.

I am trying to apply super in SAC to no avail..

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 5 of 6
Jay.Meszar

I sure will but will have to do this tonight. Sorry, I have been in training all week. IMAGINiT Jay Meszar | Solutions Consultant IMAGINiT Technologies 2 Commerce Drive, Bedford, NH T: 603.644.7243 | F: 603.644.5080 | C:603.396.1551 Email: jmeszar@rand.com http://imaginit.com------------------------------------------------- [Description: Description: Description: IMAGINiT--Black.png][Description: Description: cid:image004.gif@01CB5A77.07DE7A60][Description: cid:image003.jpg@01CD08D8.CDCD14A0] [Description: Description: cid:image006.jpg@01CB5A77.07DE7A60] [Description: Description: cid:image007.jpg@01CB5A77.07DE7A60] [Description: Description: cid:image001.gif@01CB754C.48CC3D60] [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\Users\dlustri\Desktop\Civil3D_2012_Certified_Professional\Civil3D_2012_Certified_Professional_RGB SMALL.gif]
Message 6 of 6
ccookusi

Thanks.

I have another question with SAC when you get a chance...

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report