Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubAssembly Composer error in Civil 3D 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ericcollins6932
705 Views, 6 Replies

SubAssembly Composer error in Civil 3D 2012

I went through a simple tutorial and built a subassembly, but when I try to bring it into Civil 3D, I get the following error:

Error Friday, March 07, 2014 2:26:17 PM Roadway [Basic_lane1 was created with Subassembly Composer, please visit Autodesk website (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240698) to download the enabler extension.]  (Source: Basic_lane1)

The website that comes up is a generic one. Is this referring to the Autodesk Subassembly Composer Support Pack for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012? I thought I didn't have to install this if SAC was installed?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

What version of the subassembly composer was used to create the subassembly? You can find this version number by going to the help pulldown and clicking "About Subassembly Composer".

If you are willing, could you also upload the PKT file here?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 7

??E�r�r�o�r� �M�o�n�d�a�y�,� �M�a�r�c�h� �1�0�,� �2�0�1�4� �1�0�:�2�3�:�5�4� �A�M� �R�o�a�d�w�a�y� �e�k�c�o�l�l�i�n�s� � �[�B�a�s�i�c�_�l�a�n�e�1� �w�a�s� �c�r�e�a�t�e�d� �w�i�t�h� �S�u�b�a�s�s�e�m�b�l�y� �C�o�m�p�o�s�e�r�,� �p�l�e�a�s�e� �v�i�s�i�t� �A�u�t�o�d�e�s�k� �w�e�b�s�i�t�e� �(�h�t�t�p�:�/�/�u�s�a�.�a�u�t�o�d�e�s�k�.�c�o�m�/�a�d�s�k�/�s�e�r�v�l�e�t�/�p�s�/�d�l�/�i�n�d�e�x�?�s�i�t�e�I�D�=�1�2�3�1�1�2�&�i�d�=�2�3�3�4�4�4�0�&�l�i�n�k�I�D�=�9�2�4�0�6�9�8�)� �t�o� �d�o�w�n�l�o�a�d� �t�h�e� �e�n�a�b�l�e�r� �e�x�t�e�n�s�i�o�n�.�]� � �(�S�o�u�r�c�e�:� �B�a�s�i�c�_�l�a�n�e�1�)�

�E�r�r�o�r� �M�o�n�d�a�y�,� �M�a�r�c�h� �1�0�,� �2�0�1�4� �1�0�:�2�3�:�5�5� �A�M� �R�o�a�d�w�a�y� �e�k�c�o�l�l�i�n�s� � �[�B�a�s�i�c�_�l�a�n�e�1� �w�a�s� �c�r�e�a�t�e�d� �w�i�t�h� �S�u�b�a�s�s�e�m�b�l�y� �C�o�m�p�o�s�e�r�,� �p�l�e�a�s�e� �v�i�s�i�t� �A�u�t�o�d�e�s�k� �w�e�b�s�i�t�e� �(�h�t�t�p�:�/�/�u�s�a�.�a�u�t�o�d�e�s�k�.�c�o�m�/�a�d�s�k�/�s�e�r�v�l�e�t�/�p�s�/�d�l�/�i�n�d�e�x�?�s�i�t�e�I�D�=�1�2�3�1�1�2�&�i�d�=�2�3�3�4�4�4�0�&�l�i�n�k�I�D�=�9�2�4�0�6�9�8�)� �t�o� �d�o�w�n�l�o�a�d� �t�h�e� �e�n�a�b�l�e�r� �e�x�t�e�n�s�i�o�n�.�]� � �(�S�o�u�r�c�e�:� �B�a�s�i�c�_�l�a�n�e�1�)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 7
doni49
in reply to: ericcollins6932

I'm guessing that was an attempt at posting your pkt file as Jason requested.  It didn't work.

1) Right below the reply window, there's a section labeled Attachments.  Use that to post your file -- click on Browe to choose your file.

2) However, Autodesk has configured the website so that it won't allow pkt files to be uploaded --  yes that means that the autodesk website doesn't like autodesk files.  To get around this, rename your file with a zip extension and post that.  When someone downloads it, they'll rename it with a pkt extension and proceed from there.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
ericcollins6932
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for that - attached .zip file is not actually zipped - just rename to .pkt.

My version of SAC is 2.2.113.0 although I suspect it is not SAC that is the problem. I am suspecting I need to install the support pack even though the literature suggests I don't need to do so if SAC is installed (which is why I created a real simple .pkt file to test before loading all the previously loaded custom subassemblies from the previous team).

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 6 of 7

After doing a couple of tests, it seems that it could be the version of SAC you have installed. I was receiving the same error on one of my test machines, however not with my laptop. I noticed that the version I have on my laptop is 2.3.116.0. This was the version that I downloaded and installed from the subscription center.

As I am not sure where the version (2.2.113.0) came from on my test machine, after I uninstalled it and upgraded it to the newer version, the error went away and it seems to now be working ok.

Please see if downloading / installing the latest version resolves this issue.

Autodesk subscription center > Downloads > Product Enhancements > Autodesk Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 7 of 7
frubio
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

@Jason.Ferrelli wrote:

After doing a couple of tests, it seems that it could be the version of SAC you have installed. I was receiving the same error on one of my test machines, however not with my laptop. I noticed that the version I have on my laptop is 2.3.116.0. This was the version that I downloaded and installed from the subscription center.

As I am not sure where the version (2.2.113.0) came from on my test machine, after I uninstalled it and upgraded it to the newer version, the error went away and it seems to now be working ok.

Please see if downloading / installing the latest version resolves this issue.

Autodesk subscription center > Downloads > Product Enhancements > Autodesk Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012.

Thanks man....You save my life....

After 3 hours searching a solution....I found your post (above)....Since them it works great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report