Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subassembly code set style

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MHSher
297 Views, 5 Replies

subassembly code set style

Hi,

When creating a sub assembly from a polyline, I would like to use a simple code set style for which links and points are automatically set to "datum"

If I edit the code set style standard for exemplle, I do not see how to do that.

Thanks for support

MHB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Yonas89
in reply to: MHSher

I believe it is impossible. You have to do it manually each time. However I do not use this command, but if you go to your drawing settings->subassembly->commands-> right click on CreateSubFromPline and press edit command settings you will be able to edit all the defaults there. However I did not find this feature to edit.  

Message 3 of 6
MHSher
in reply to: Yonas89

Thanks for your comments. I did go already to Default styles in CreateSubFromPline and I tried to edit Code Set Style standard but there I am stuck. I don't know where I could set the links and point codes to datum only.

As I have to create many new subassemblies for different kind of irrigation canal shapes, it would be so usefull not to have to set the codes to each point (for the link, we can select the option of creating the subassembly with only one link, so it is not to cumbersome)

Br, MHB

Message 4 of 6
Yonas89

As I said, I don't think it's possible to edit this feature. Why you are not using subassemblies from palletes or create your custom subassembly with subassembly composer?

Message 5 of 6
MikeEvansUK

As you have already been told this is not possible by creating a subassemly from a polyline.

You have to manually set each Hook position, point, link and shape code for each new assembly.

You have three options really.

1. Use featurelines & grading groups eithe soley or in conjuction with a corridor and vertical profile.
  2. Use custom subassemblies created in Sub assembly composer (SAC) but this may take longer than polylines and is an advanced workflow.
  3. Use Generic Links to form the subassembly. This would be my best solution here as it is simple and more user friendly but more importantly you can control the link and point codes.

The choice is yours.

M.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 6
MHSher
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your advices. It least I know that what I wanted to do is not possible.

I will explore option 3 as suggested.

Suggestion (if autodesk programmers are reading us): maybe this possibility to preset the code style could be further added in the future versions ?

BR,

MHB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report