Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassemblies from Polyline

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
owenmull
2141 Views, 6 Replies

Subassemblies from Polyline

Greetings all,

Fighting Autocadd again. 

For this particular road, I have to manually create sub assembly parts, and then create from polyline. I did that in Autocadd 2011, but I need to add one last assembly, and have since upgraded to 2012. I have a 2d polyline, that I want to create into a subassembly. I go to Create Design --> Create Subassembly from Polyline. I name it, just as before, set to come in on default layer, exactly as I did before.

Nothing happens. It deletes my created polyline, but does not convert to sub. Nothing is there. The layers are on and thawed, Autocadd 2012 is updated, so I dont know why it's not working. Is there something Im not doing, or is this an Autocadd bug?

Im getting real sick of these bugs. I wish Autocadd would invest in their own product and fix some of them, this is ridiculous.

Thanks for the help.

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
Jeff_M
in reply to: owenmull

In Prospector, does the subassembly show up under Assemblies->Unassigned Subassemblies? If so, can you right-click and have it add it to modelspace (if it already is it will be greyed out). How about changing the Code Set Style?

IOW, I have done this in 2012, and just tested it since I recently installed SP1, and it works fine here. So I don't think this is a bug, at least not one that affects all installations.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
owenmull
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

Yes, it does appear in Unassigned Subassemblies. It already is in model space. but it's not even greyed out. I can select it by right clickit in prospector, then hitting select, but it isn't visible. How do I change the Code Set Style? Is that why it's not showing up? 

Thanks,

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Jeff,

I edited the All Codes style. I went back to 2010, did a poly --> subassembly in there an that works, so I copied the exact same Code Set Style settings into Autocadd 2012, and I can now get the Points to show up, but not the links themselves. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

The incorrect Code Set Style very well could be why you don't see it. Right click the subassembly in Prospector, select Properties. In the Properties dialog, choose the Codes tab, now you will see which codes set is currently in use. Change it to one that shows the links.

If this still doesn't work, you could post your drawing (or email it to me if too big to post miff AT sonic DOT net) and we should be able to figure it out.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
owenmull

Jeff,

Thanks for the help. The problem was, somehow Autocadd's default link style setting of Basic within the Code Style, Display was turned off. Why in the world this happened, I'll never know. Thaks for pointing me in the right direction, although I still blame Autodesk.

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

When I do something like that, I'm told the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. Smiley Very Happy

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report