Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassemblies Copy, Move, and Paste on contextual ribbon are grayed out

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mermerCAD
2030 Views, 4 Replies

Subassemblies Copy, Move, and Paste on contextual ribbon are grayed out

Hi-

I have a whole slew of assemblies.  On about a third of them, when I click on a subassembly to copy it, the Copy button on the contextual ribbon is grayed out along with the Move and Paste buttons.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Meredith

C3D 2014

Windows 7 64-bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: mermerCAD

If I use a normal autocad copy and then select the same subassembly those Modify options are greyed out and unavailable.

Is it possible AutoCad commands was used when cr3eating the Assemblies and not the Modify Subassembly commands?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
mermerCAD
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes, it is possible that the assemblies were copied with regular AutoCAD copy.  In fact, I know they were copied that way and then modified.  The weird thing is that the subassembly modify options are only grayed out on some of the assemblies that were copied with regular AutoCAD copy. 

Should we not use regular AutoCAD copy to copy an entire assembly?  I knew we couldn't use it for individual subassemblies, but I didn't know we couldn't use it for entire assemblies.

Thanks!

Meredith

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: mermerCAD

I have zero issues with copying an entire Assembly using an AutoCad copy as long as I only select the Assembly marker of assembly being copied.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
mermerCAD
in reply to: Jay_B

We were selecting everything and copying it.  That must have been the problem.  Thanks for your help!

Meredith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report