Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassemblies are pointed to wrong path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petrocat
917 Views, 2 Replies

Subassemblies are pointed to wrong path

For some reason, we have three workstations that cant insert subassemblies. When I check the location that the OOTB subassemby on the tool palette are looking, it is a folder that is up on the server (a random one at that). These are new installs, and we can't figure out how they got mapped up there. The are new Dells with Win7 64 bit and running new installs of Civil3D 2011.. The old machines that we formated the disks and installed Win7 and installed Civil3D 2011 are not having this problem. All instances of Civil3D 2011 are from a network deployment.

Where do I need to change it so that the subassemblies on their palletes are pointing to the default location on thier C drive?

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: petrocat

The subassemblies should be pointing to the subasembly Dll file in the AeccSharedContent Directory.

Somewhere someone has adjusted this value and you need to locate where and why first.

They may have edited the Toolpallete XMl (ATC) file and changed the value for the DotNetClass assembly from %AECCCONTENT_DIR%\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll to the network path if so you just need to change the text back.

Otherwise they or for some reason the regustry entry for the "AECCContent_Dir" is incorrectly entered.

Key position: (on Windows XP with 2011)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409

Name

AECCContent_Dir

Key Value

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\

Now these values will be different for Windows 7 so you want to make a backup of the registry before fiddling in case you screw up then search for the AeccContent_Dir key and change that.

I don't know what values you need to add in as I am on XP here so cant look.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
petrocat
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

It was the registry entry for AECCContent_Dir.

The odd thing is that the machines that this occured on were straight from Dell. I think it was the install of Win 7 Professional by Dell. We've had issues with those new Dell computers in recognizing certain drives, printers, etc. The other machines that we just formatted the harddrives and installed Win7 Professional had no issues. Infact, the directory that the homemade Win 7 were pointed to as the AECCContent_Dir is different than what I had to set the Dells to. Go figure.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report