Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Assembly Targets

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
StumpMasterFlex
990 Views, 14 Replies

Sub Assembly Targets

Hi I am just starting to use corridors and grading groups.  I made an assembly and want to create a dynamic feature line of the outer most left limit.  However when I try to create the feature lines only the crown, top of curb and back of curb are available to use as a feature line.  How do I set other parts of the assembly as targets?  It won't create a corridor surface of the left side beyond the sidewalk?

Please see attached.

If anyone knows a good training video to watch on this it would be appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil Design Technologist (Exploration Technologist)
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
32. GB
64-bit Oepration System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
doni49
in reply to: StumpMasterFlex

Which subassembly did you place there?  If it is one that targets a surface (LinkSlopetoSurface or one of the daylight SAs for example) then you set the surfaces that each SA should target under the corridor properties.

The top button in this image will set allow you to set the targets for the entire corridor.  The second one (and subsequent ones) will allow you to set the targets per region (I only have one region in this example).

Corridor PropTarget.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 15
StumpMasterFlex
in reply to: doni49

Thx for the starting point.  I will start researching it.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 4 of 15
StumpMasterFlex

Do you know how to set the outside boulevard width to a feature line?  It allows me to set the others but not the outside boulevard.

Attached. 

1/  Properties tab

2/ Corridor surface showing surface only going to edge of sidewalk and not outside boulevard.  (contours in yellow, property line or end of outside boulevard in green.  The contours should go to the property line, green line).

3/ Corridor surface feautre lines

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 5 of 15
doni49

I haven't used that SA.  But if it permits you to a feature to target a featureline or alignment then it'll be in that same "Target" dialog box.

If the SA allows the INSIDE to target a FL or Alignment, then I'd be surprised if it doesn't allow the outside to do so as well.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 15
Jeff_M

You need to add a subassembly which has a point code defined at that location. Using a MarkedPoint with a unique name will do the trick.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 15
StumpMasterFlex
in reply to: Jeff_M

Does the generic subassembly.UrbanSidewalk not have a point code already defined at the location?  I acutally did a search neither Urban nor Basic Sidewalk subassemblies have codes at those points. 

So is it safe to say some of these assemblies don't have point codes at some locations?

I have only been able to surface up to the back of sidewalks and not the back of boulevard/property line.  I have to build a grading group to grade from back of sidewalk to back of boulevard/property line, even though the boulevard is present in my assembly.  Am I doing this right?

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 8 of 15
StumpMasterFlex

I attached the help file (see attached).  In it it shows the coding diagram and a table which explains which codes have points.  Does this mean P4 in the attached file does not have a code.  Is this correct?   And if so is there a way to a add a code to P4?

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 9 of 15
Jeff_M

@StumpMasterFlex wrote:

I attached the help file (see attached).  In it it shows the coding diagram and a table which explains which codes have points.  Does this mean P4 in the attached file does not have a code.  Is this correct?   And if so is there a way to a add a code to P4?

That is correct. As I mentioned, add a Marked Point to that location and you will then get a featureline created at the outer boulevard location.

EESignature
Message 10 of 15
doni49

That's the way I read that. Which explains why Jeff said to attach a marked point there. That's just a way to assign a name to the point.

It looks like the developer expected you to place another SA there which would already have a point defined.
Don Ireland

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 15
tcorey

@StumpMasterFlex wrote:

Do you know how to set the outside boulevard width to a feature line?  It allows me to set the others but not the outside boulevard.

Use the UrbanSidewalk subassembly from the Curbs tab of the Imperial or Metric subassembly collection.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 12 of 15
Jeff_M
in reply to: tcorey

Tim, only the Sidewalk points are coded in that Sub, the OP wants a corridor featureline at the outside boulevard which is not possible without using another sub with a point code at that location.

EESignature
Message 13 of 15
tcorey

I was only addressing how to set an outside boulevard width and assumed he would use your suggestion to place a marked point there so he could create the feature line.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 14 of 15
StumpMasterFlex

Thx.  Just learning these assemblies and corridors.  It's a little overwhelming.  Appreciate the help.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 15 of 15
StumpMasterFlex

Thx for your help.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report