Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub assembly links not showing up (Subassembly Composer)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CRThorn
2532 Views, 4 Replies

Sub assembly links not showing up (Subassembly Composer)

I created a simple sub-assembly for a windfarm project but when I bring it into civils none of the links or points show up!

Capture.JPGCapture.PNG

I probably missed a button somewhere. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: CRThorn

I was able to Import Subassembly with your attached pkt file into C3D2012 with no problems and it has codes listed as expected. 3-9-2012 11-15-25 AM.jpg

I would try deleting your subassembly from your Tool Palette. Restarting Civil 3D and importing it again? 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5
tmullins
in reply to: CRThorn

This is the exact same problem I am having. I tried the .pkt attached to this thread and get the same results as the OP. No links.

I have tried this on two different machines, along with the sample .pkt's (from the SAC wiki), and also with the samples provided from AU last year. No luck with any of them.

Either something right in front of me I am missing, or are there issues with some machines?

Tried running 2012, on XP and Win 7.

Message 4 of 5
tmullins
in reply to: tmullins

I was able to get this working (with some help from Autodesk Support).

I simply renamed the install folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Subassembly Composer 2012) then reinstalled the .exe.

Message 5 of 5

Why is it that when I use a formula inside a subassembly, it doesn't display the links? However, after completing the flowchart, when I run the subassembly, it shows me the entire structure I created in the flowchart.

raja_shahbazQN4N3_0-1696319714091.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report