Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Assembly Composer Help

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
TrevN
9859 Views, 8 Replies

Sub Assembly Composer Help

Hi,

I have created a new sub assembly using the composer, but when I add it to an assembly in Civils and re-run the corridor with a new surface, the corridor doesn't recognise the sub assembly and the surface does not include the profile.

I pretty new to sub assembler composer so must have missed something out but can't see what, and the help files are next to useless!!

Thanks in advance.

(I've attached the .pkt file for reference,)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: TrevN

You need some link codes in order to generate a surface from your subassemby.  (for example L2, L3,  and L4 should all  be "Top"). 

On the "Input/Output Parameters" tab you will also want to define your Side as Right. (so that you can have the mirror image using the same subassembly when  you need it on the left. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 9
sboon
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Kati is too modest to direct you here, but if you need more information on how to add point, link and shape codes and format them so that they work properly then you need to check it out.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 9
TrevN
in reply to: sboon

Sorry Guys,

Still struggling here to understand what codes go where and where "Top" and "left" and "right" go!

Any chance you could fill in the codes on my original attachement to see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
fcernst

Here you go. 

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 9
TrevN
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks, but unfortunately when I try and open the .pkt file it comes up with errors and unknown version???!

Message 7 of 9
fcernst

Good morning..yes it's SAC 2013...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 9
KMercier_C3D

On Links L2, L3, and L4, in the Properties panel add "Top" (with the quotes) to where it says Codes under the Link category. 

At the bottom right hand side there are a bunch of tabs, one of them says "Input/Output Parameters". There is a default parameter called Side, set the Default Value to this parameter from None to Right

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 9 of 9
TrevN
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Brilliant thanks.

I didn't realiase the input/output tab parameter default was a default and added another and that's why it didn't work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report