Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shelly
201 Views, 6 Replies

Styles

How do you set up styles?

I feel like I keep customizing and I have to redo what I've done in the past.

Any tips?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dmanning
in reply to: shelly

If you do a search for civil 3d styles you should find a decent amount of info. The basis is that under the "Settings" tab of the toolspace pallete, you would setup all of your styles and then use that drawing to create a template. Make sure you start with a clean drawing.
Message 3 of 7
variablek

Yes make sure you start with a clean drawing....then make sure you save the file as a .dwt

Also if you want to modify some standard acad styles open a separate drawing using one of the preloaded templates...modify the styles you want...then drag them into your newly created clean .dwt file.

Hope this helps

Kyle
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

How *you* doing? Shoot me an email ...

farleyj AT a f c e DASH INC dot com

wrote in message news:5579892@discussion.autodesk.com...
How do you set up styles?

I feel like I keep customizing and I have to redo what I've done in the
past.

Any tips?
Message 5 of 7
mmccall

Styles are always going to be a 'work in progress'. You just can't anticipate every possible situation and the style that you'll need. Plus there are some things with style you won't initially figure out how to do and every new software version brings new features.

However, spending too much time in each new project making the needed styles means your template file needs more work.
Message 6 of 7
variablek

haha trying to pick up ladies on the autodesk discussion forum

definately a first

anyways yeah you dont want to try and make a style for everything you can think of....

make a basic style that will work in every project...then as you go though your projects you might need a second style so now you can copy the original and make a few quick changes for that drawing only...

if you find you are using that second style more often then add it to your template....as the previous poster mentioned "a work in progress"
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

There have been some good papers presented at AU concerning Styles. A lot of learning resources available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report