Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles not set when Adding an Alignment Referenced from a Profile Reference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kkohlhoff
332 Views, 3 Replies

Styles not set when Adding an Alignment Referenced from a Profile Reference

C3D-2010 - When I reference a profile without yet referencing it's alignment, my alignment will come in but only on standard styles. Even though I have changed my feature settings to be set at my styles. I thought I would be faster to just reference the profile and have the alignment come in based on my styles, rather than referencing them each alone or having to go back and changing the styles of my alignments. Is there another setting that will change how the alignment will be styled when reference from a profile first? Or another quicker way to bring in refrences all at once? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: kkohlhoff

Hi kkohlhoff-

I am not sure I completely understand your workflow or what the issue is, but you cannot create a data shortcut of a profile without the alignment being included. Checking a profile automatically selects the parent alignment. If you could perhaps provide some additional details and/or screen shots we may be able to get on the same page and provide some suggestions.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
kkohlhoff
in reply to: SethHall

What I need in my drawing is the alignment and the profile referenced. To get that with the least amount of clicks and quickest way, I just reference the profile data. The window that pops up will let me set my styles for my profile, but not for it's parent alignment. So when my profile and alignment are shown in the drawing, my alignment styles are set to the default standard. I have already set my feature settings (from the settings tab) to be the styles I want. When I import an alignment by itself, my styles are set and it looks the way I want it. So how do I get my styles for the parent alignment set when referencing the profile data?

Message 4 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: kkohlhoff

Hi kkohlhoff-

Thank you very much for the additional information.

After testing this, I was able to confirm this on my machine. If you create the reference in the new drawing for the profiles first, the alignment will take on the default styles and not the one specified in the command setting. However if you create the alignment reference first, everything is as expected.

This seems like the intended workflow as the child object (profile) cannot exist without the parent object (alignment), however I am not sure of Development's intent. I can also see your point as it takes less "clicks" to get all of your profiles referenced into you drawing.

I would suggest you provide your feedback and voice your opinions to how you think this should function by following this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Have a great weekend!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report