Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles being purged that are in use

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sirjoelsph
267 Views, 1 Reply

Styles being purged that are in use

Could someone else please confirm this behavior as I think it might be a defect?  I'm using Civil 3D IDSP 2014 SP1.

All of my pipes and structures in plan view are set to standard style.  In a profile view I have them set with a style override to display as I want them in profile (see attached).  When I run a purge styles, it will purge the styles out that I'm using as override styles and the profile view will completely lose my pipes (also see attached).  I assume it shouldn't be doing this since the styles are in use - although they are only in use as a style override.

Thanks,

Civil 3D 2014 SP1
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
12.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

-JOEL
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sirjoelsph
in reply to: sirjoelsph

I received a reply from Autodesk on this one.  They confirmed the defect.  Message below for reference.

Dear Joel,

Thank you for the update. Like you said, I was able to replicate the issue with the tutorial pipe network drawing. I will document the issue and escalate it to the development team for further investigation.

Please be aware that when we escalate an issue to our development team, they have to perform their own research as to what might be causing the issue as well as how to fix it. Their schedule is regulated by service pack and new release time frames, and priority for fixing issues are determined by and how the fix impacts other functionality business cases. A realistic expectation for this particular issue might be fixed with a future service pack; however it might take another release cycle to be fixed. 

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report