Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in Annotative text edit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1793 Views, 7 Replies

Stuck in Annotative text edit

Hopefully someone can help, my boss did something to my drawing this morning and neither of us know what he did.  I have a bunch of text put in as annotative text, through the mapanninsert command. The drawing appears to be stuck in the editing window, ie. the only thing displayed is the annontative text, however the usual buttons to save/exit are not shown.  I can't find a way to exit out of this display and back to the rest of my  drawing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like to me that your window for editing annotative text is off the screen and stuck out there which is why you only see the text.  To solve this press Alt + space bar at the same time and then press "M".  Now just use the arrow keys to move the window on screen to where you can now edit the text.  Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 8
wfberry

In addition to what Matt said, in the future state what version you are using.

Bill

Ver 2012 opens with no problem.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

That seems to only move the cad window around which is definately not the problem.  I think what I need is to exit from the block editor, but the usual buttons are not shown.  I'm using Civil 3D 2012.

Message 5 of 8
Sinc

It sounds like you might be stuck in your Annotation Template drawing...?

If so, then you probably have a "Block Editor" tab open in the Ribbon.  In that Ribbon tab, there should be a button to "Close Block Editor".  (Well, depending on your version of Map.)

Sinc
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

Those ribbon options are not there...

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I there any way to show what commands have been entered even after a drawing has been closed?  If I could find out what was done to cause this it might help.

Message 8 of 8
david.zavislan

If you have log files turned on in AutoCAD's OPTIONS, it will save a log of the command line for every drawing session.  Check your OPTIONS command, Files tab for the location of log files on your computer.  The Open and Save tab is where you can toggle on and off the Maintain log file option.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report