Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structures in profile view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
387 Views, 4 Replies

Structures in profile view

Hi there. I have produced an alignment and profile through a number of existing services and the profile view shows the crossed pipes as I would expect. However the profile also shows ALL of the structures in the pipe networks regardless of whether of the alignment cuts directly through them. This is different to the section views that only show the structures on the line of the sample lines / sections. Is there a way to only show cut structures in profile view without manually switching off structures from view? Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: 24972

They can be toggled on/off on Pipe Networks Tab of Profile View Properties dialog but

I'm not aware of any way to have it decide for you which structures are to be displayed.

Yes Profile View display behavior is different than in Section Views.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
ccoles
in reply to: 24972

I've been doing pipe profiles for a while, and the only way I can show just the pipes and structures I want in any particular profile is to select the 'Selected parts only' when adding pipes to a profile. I would have to then select each pipe and structure individually.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 5
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks guys.

Sometimes it's just as good to know that something can't be done - saves a lot of time and head-scratching!

Message 5 of 5
castled071049
in reply to: ccoles

To clairfy, when creating the initial Profile View, you can select just the pipes you want via the Select parts from screen button at the top (see attachement), then type in the letter "S" in the Command Line and hit return. If you then select a part (pipe or sturcture) at one end of the run that you want displayed, then select a part at the extreme other end that you want displayed, it will automatically highlight all connected parts in between without having to select them individually. This is a very quick way to get just the parts in the PV that you want. 

Note that you have to have the pipe run already in place before initiating the Create Surface Profile command in order for this technique to be available. After the PV is created, adding pipe run parts requires selecting the parts individually. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report