Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structures and Shortcuts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
119 Views, 2 Replies

Structures and Shortcuts

When I bring in a pipe network from a shortcut, all of the structure styles are incorrect. The structure properties are correct but the styles are not the ones defined in the source drawing. Has anyone seen this or know of the fix?

Paul Markas
Zumwalt & Associates, Inc
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This may not be the fix you're looking for, but if you insert the source drawing (the one with the structures) into that drawing, and then erase the block you just inserted, you'll retain your style from the source drawing. You have to manually set the styles for your structures again, though. Lemme know if that helps.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply! Both drawiings were created from the same template and I've double checked that each have the same styles available. I've also tried to making a copy of the source drawing, deleting everything from the copy and then adding the shortcut from the original source drawing into the copy, and I still get the same result. We have a number of styles for various grates, headwall sizes, etc., and I can manually update the styles, but obviusly that is not how the program should work.

On a somewhat related topic, when you create the shortcut reference, why does it have to ask what part list to use? Shoudn't it just use what has already been defined in the source drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report