Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structures & reference alignments

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
deltacoolguy
402 Views, 5 Replies

Structures & reference alignments

I'm doing a single road with some side streets.  My pipe network has the main road alignment designated as the reference alignment.  That sta/off info shows up in the structure labels on the main road plan & profile sheets.  So far, so good.

The problem lies in the plan & profiles for the side streets.  The main road sta/off info is shown in the structure labels and I want the side street sta/off info.

I tried manually reassigning the reference alignment for the structure in that street's profile view, and it seems to work, but it doesn't stick.  When I quit the drawing and go back in the main road sta/off info is showing again.

Is there a solution to this?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Can you use a label that include data for both alignments? Easy to do adding a new reference text component to the stc label style.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

Change the reference alignment in the label instead of the structure. The label will hold the value after saving & closing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Change the reference alignment in the label instead of the structure. The label will hold the value after saving & closing.

When I right-click the text and choose "Edit Label Text", I can change what that particular label is looking for, and can add incidental static text, but do not see where I can re-direct it away from the default alignment to a chosen alignment.

Am I looking in the right spot, or should I be doing this elsewhere?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

Select the label, go to the Properties Palette, change it there:

7-10-2014 7-04-42 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Select the label, go to the Properties Palette, change it there:

That was awesome.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report