Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structure sta. and offset multiple alignments

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
WIZNICKARTS
1708 Views, 9 Replies

structure sta. and offset multiple alignments

Does anyone know how to get a structure label to give the station and offset relative to two or more alignments? I am doing street profiles and calling out station and offsets for my structures. At an intersection the structure shows in both intersecting street profiles. However, I can only call a station and offset from one of those. I need it to call out a different station and offset in each profile. Thanks in advance for any help.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: WIZNICKARTS

Make sure Service Pack 3 is installed.
Add the label to the structure.
Right click the label and choose "Label properties"
Change the "Rerefence alignment" to the desired one.
You can't have stations for multiple alignments in one label (as far as I
know). You could, however, add 2 labels to the same structure and have
separate stations / alignments for each of those.

Matt
Message 3 of 10
WIZNICKARTS

Thanks Matt. I just created a new layer and added the additional label to turn on and off in each street viewport. it works great.
Message 4 of 10
dgordon

What variable are you using in your structure label? I use structure station and when I change the reference alignment, I do not get the results you get.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 10
WIZNICKARTS

I am using the structure station variable also. Be sure you are not changing your alignment reference in the structure properties dialog. Once you get both labels on there you must make the change under the label properties dialog. I just pick the label and right click for the shortcut "label properties" and change the reference alignment for just that label. Hope this helps.
Message 6 of 10
dgordon

when i saw your post i immediately went into the drawing I was having an issue with and added a second profile lable then I right clicked onthe label and assigned the alternate alignement as you mentioned and it did not update the information in the label.

I might mention that this drawing was originally created in 2006 and then opened with 2007. If I create a drawing in 2007 and try what you mentioned it might work. I intend to try it when i get a chance.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 7 of 10
WIZNICKARTS

I think I may have brain danage because now i can't get it to work either. I could have sworn that the labels updated the other day when I created them (i know they did), but now they are back to reading the same thing. Hmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like we need to put this feature on the wish list. I guess I will manually create the items I need for the alternate alignments. Sorry for any misinformation I may have posted. If there's anyone out there who can fix the problem, please let me know. Perhaps there's a setting somewhere that must be disabled or enabled to let these labels update and stay updated correctly.
Message 8 of 10

I use a general note and reference the alignments I want. To get the MH# I create parcels and put the manhole names in the description then select the parcel to have that information. Not entirely dynamic, but gets the job done.
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 9 of 10
powerchord22
in reply to: Anonymous

I had accepted this as impossible for the past year and a half, and on a whim decided to see if I could find anything new.  This is going to simplify my profiles a ton!  Thanks!!! 

Message 10 of 10
Jerry_Barnes
in reply to: powerchord22

This label is completely possible to construct without any workarounds: (see attached image)

In your structure label, add a Reference Text, select "alignment", and put in the same information as in the first component. (Add an equal sign if you wish.) When you attach the label, it will insert the station and alignment name that the structure itself references. Then, in the command line, it will ask you to select a second alignment that you wish to reference. Select the second alignment, and Voila! A totally dynamic, dual alignment label.

If you are applying the label in a plan sheet with Xrefs, I'm not sure if you can click on an Xref'd alignment to get this to work. I do know that it works if you have the alignments data referenced into the file. Someone test this and let us know.

Never mind... I just reread the OP's question and realized they are referring to profiles. My bad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report