Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Pipe crossing Profile / Section incorrectly displayed (R2013)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MikeEvansUK
583 Views, 5 Replies

Structure Pipe crossing Profile / Section incorrectly displayed (R2013)

Has anyone noticed this in R2013? Not bothering to check with 2014 yet as I don't really use it.

See image, I have three vports. TL is Profile view, TR is SV and other is 3d.

There seems to be slight difference between the pipes in the profile/sections comapred with the Structure pipe crossing.

All styles are set for External walls, when swapped to inetrnal this is still incorrect. All pipes are same size & part and are Horizontal. Sections / alignment is taken along centre of pipework.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Sorry to go all 'obvious' on you, but I have to ask: is it the vertical exaggeration? I ask because the dimension is doubled from one to the other and the ellipses look different shapes too.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
MikeEvansUK

Nope as the pipes are in the same section/profile view so the vertical exaggeration would be constant.
I see that someone in support has entered this for further checking.

Keep you posted.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

I was recently at a Vendor exhibit and heard that the "tesselation" for the pipes in section was "sub-par"

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
BrianHailey

@mikeevans wrote:
Nope as the pipes are in the same section/profile view so the vertical exaggeration would be constant.
I see that someone in support has entered this for further checking.

Keep you posted.

A section view and a profile view are two separate things. If you look top right and top left in your image, it's fairly obvious that there are two different vertical exagerations going on here (you can tell by looking at the incoming pipe ellipses).

Without seeing the drawing and knowing what the issue is (can't really tell by the image), it's hard to give advice.

What is incorrect with this situation?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 6
MikeEvansUK

Looking at the attached image, there are two dimensions shown, these are the difference between the outer pipe and the structure's pipe crossing as detailed this should be Zero.

The 3D view shows the pipework is correct in the model. Sorry I figured it was clear enough in the image.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report