Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure missing from Pipe Network Data Reference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tgsearles
1411 Views, 3 Replies

Structure missing from Pipe Network Data Reference

Civil 3D 2012.  One structure in my pipe network is not following along when the network is data-referenced in to other plan drawings.  The structure is present in the source drawing, and included in the network, along with the pipes that are connected to it.  All other structures and pipes are operating fine.  A sychronization does not fix the problem.

What gives?  Has anyone seen this or dealt with it??

Thanks,

Todd

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: tgsearles

No, haven't seen it.  Are you sure it isn't there?  Are you looking in the drawing space or in the prospector?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M

Make sure both drawings have the same Parts List defined. I'm not positive that this could be a problem, but I seem to recall a similar issue where the structure type was missing in the Dref'ed drawing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
tgsearles

Thank you both.  Yes the part is present, both in the drawing itself and in the toolspace, but only in the source drawing.  I checked the network properties and found that there was one structure listed as an "undefined Part type" in the Statistics tab.  This one was the culprit, and after removing the part and bringing a new one in and reconnecting the pipes, it seems to be working.

Not sure how the program mistook the part for being undefined.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report