Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Labels

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cloquet
945 Views, 10 Replies

Structure Labels

I am having trouble with my Structure Labels in the Profile. The Structure Name, T/C, and Invert will label correctly. But the Station and Offset just show question marks. I've checked the Pipe Network properties and it has the right alignment and surface referenced.
I did create my pipe network before my alignment?? But figured as long as the right alignment is referenced is should work right? Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be????
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cloquet

cloquet,

did you reassign the alignment to the structures once you had a alignment created?

the structures will not just automatically grab whatever alignment you may create.

if this is not the case, then the type of label component you used for the station and offset might be an issue.

Dan

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Check the structures in Prospector. It sounds like you got the right
references on the pipes, but not on the Structures. Happens all the
time, especially if you reference things between drawings and bring in
the pipes before you bring in the alignments.

HTH
JW
Message 4 of 11
cloquet

That was is. Had to change it in the prospector.

THANKS!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I'm using Civil 3D 2009 - having this same problem labeling station and offsets of my structure on profile.  I'm getting ???s.  How do you check it in prospector?  I can edit it using the panorama and it shows me the station and offset in there, but not on the label. 

I attached my file.

Message 6 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't use Reference Text for the Structure station & offset. Reference Text uses the insert point of the label to determine the station and offset of THAT point relative to the alignment. You are getting the ???'s due to the point not being found along the alignment. Instead, edit the label style to use the Structure Station and Structure Offset in the Structure Text component.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Perfect!  Exactly what I needed to know.  My label comes in nicely now.

Message 8 of 11
Jeff_M

Glad it worked for you.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept it as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I was looking for where I could set your response as the solution but not sure where it is.

Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M

Ah, I just noticed you had replied to another user's post, so you won't be able to mark it as a solution. How about a Kudos click? Smiley Happy

EESignature
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Dang, I kudos the wrong response. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report