Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Labels go to Zero

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
witzel
233 Views, 3 Replies

Structure Labels go to Zero

I have a plot drawing that xrefs a drawing containing pipes drawn in profile.  Everything is fine in the drawing containing the profiles.  In the plot draing containing the XREF the label structures extend to zero.

I was able to fix some of them by setting the Default Profile Label Placement to "Graph View Top"  this only got some of them though.

I am running 2014 SP2, although an SP1 machine has the same issue.

I have been doing pipes like this for years and this is the first time I have run across this issue.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

GICE Inc.

Austin Tx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: witzel

Hi Conan,

I have been trying to recreate this behavior with no luck as of yet. Is this happening to random structures, or is there a certain structure this is happening to?

Would you be willing to upload your drawings so we could take a look?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 4
witzel
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Jason,

It was drawing specific. I was able to use a different drawing and it was solved. I can send you the two drawings if you like, although there is a pipe catalog as well.

It did it on all structures, until I adjust the Dimension Anchor. That fixed all of them except Null structures

The drawing that xrefs the profile and pipes:
[cid:image001.png@01CFAA46.5B48BD00]

The original drawing that contains the pipes with the labeling correct:
[cid:image002.png@01CFAA46.5B48BD00]

Conan Witzel
Garrett-Ihnen Civil Engineers
25th Anniversary - 1985-2010
12007 Technology Blvd. Ste 150
Austin, TX 78727
(512) 454-2400 ext 109
(866) 512-4423
www.garrett-ihnen.com
Message 4 of 4
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: witzel

Hi Conan,

I am gald to hear that this was just an isolated instance to that one drawing. As using a new drawing has resolved this issue, it could just be that your other file became corrupt.

Hopefully this will not happen again, however if it does, please post here and let us know.

Thanks,

Jason Ferrelli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report