Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Labeling Problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
122 Views, 0 Replies

Structure Labeling Problem

I am having problems labeling structures. Typically when we label a structure (typically a catch basin or manhole) we simply use just a number (1,2,3, etc.) to label the structure in plan view. When I set up a structure label style to accomplish this, I enter the string <[Next Counter (CP)]> in the text component editor and nothing else. When I go to label my structure in plan view I get a simple number (1,2,3) as desired. Here's the catch though: when I use the grips to move the structure label into a desired location (so I don't have conflicting text) the number in the label increases by an increment of 1 with every move I make with the mouse. So if the label is 10 when I originally label the structure, and I make 10 "moves" with the mouse while trying to move the label I end up with a structure label that reads 20. Obviously I don't want the structure label to "count" every time I move the label. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thank you,

Andrew Schieltz, E.I.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report