Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Label Loses Reference to Alignment

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1015 Views, 6 Replies

Structure Label Loses Reference to Alignment

So I've cut my sheets using plan production tools. I add my parts back to my profile in these new sheets ( I have the originals in the drawing I cut the sheets from). After I label the pipe & structures I close the drawing, reopen it, and I lose the reference to the alignment on one of my structures, so I change it, and go through the same procedure, and get the same results.

I'm sure someone else has experienced this because it has happened on other projects we have here. Does anyone have any advice on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.
462 E. Shore Drive, Suite 100
Eagle, ID 83616
www.thelandgroupinc.com

Civil 3D 2008 SP2
Dell Precision 690
Intel Xeon 2.00GHz Dual Core
4 GB RAM, 256mb nVidia Quadro FX 550
32-bit Operating System
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, so I've solved that problem. My structure was refererencing a different alignment in the drawing I cut the sheets from. So if they match it will hold.

So here is another question, what about when you have your entire piping as one network, and you have a T intersection, so on one street you want to reference one alignment, and on the other street you want to reference that alignment, but in the original drawing you are doing the data shortcut from you can only pick one alignment, meaning in one of your streets that structure label is not going to hold the label, you will get the infamous STA: ??+????, ?.??.
Message 3 of 7
dbliss51

Assuming there is a structure at this intersection, I have had to add a duplicate structure for the other alignment. So there would be two structures at the same intersection, one for each alignment.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

AUTODESK PLZ FIX! Yeah, try making a structure table with the alignments in that drawing. Basically the alignment override doesn't work.
Message 5 of 7
tshulbert

We found the Multiply Owned Objects Error and removed the conflicting enties (see link below) and the reference reattaches.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/08/warning-multiply-owned-objects.html

Sean Hulbert
Message 6 of 7
Citadel2012

@Anonymous wrote:
OK, so I've solved that problem. My structure was refererencing a different alignment in the drawing I cut the sheets from. So if they match it will hold.

So here is another question, what about when you have your entire piping as one network, and you have a T intersection, so on one street you want to reference one alignment, and on the other street you want to reference that alignment, but in the original drawing you are doing the data shortcut from you can only pick one alignment, meaning in one of your streets that structure label is not going to hold the label, you will get the infamous STA: ??+????, ?.??.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are trying to label one part with station and offset labels from 2 alignments, like in the attached pictures? If so, the solution is to create a new label style with a reference text component (specific to alignment). When the label style is applied to a structure, you can grab the label and look at the properties editor, where a field to select a reference alignment is shown. 

With this method, there would be no need to create duplicate parts on seperate networks. The network would still have a base surface and alignment, just the labels would reference the intersecting alignment. Hope this helps.

in reply to: Citadel2012

I can't seem to get this to work with profile labels, when labeling structure offsets. I have intersecting streets Main and State. If I label a structure in the the Main Street profile view as described by Citadel2012, the offset label for Main Street will show 0.00, even though the structure does not land right on the alignment. The offset label for State seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
On a side note, if the alignments do not intersect, the offset will show the offset from one alignment to the other, NOT from the alignment to the structure itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report