Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure label in profile view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kbsellars
362 Views, 6 Replies

Structure label in profile view

I would like to have the line.1 component in the structure label anchored so when in the dragged state it continues in the vertical direction (I prefer not to use a leader in dragged state) Any suggestions? Hope this make sense.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mmccall
in reply to: kbsellars

The line component can have each end anchored. (start point and end point) Select 'true' for the 'use end point anchor' Anchor both to the 'Feature'. Set the start point value to 'label location' and the end point value to 'structure dimension' Save it. When you select this label you'll notice a triangular shaped grip. This is the structure dimension. You can drag it vertically. You can also go to the label properties and specify a distance, or an elevation for it's vertical location.

You can also use this in combination with a leader for some pretty cool results. (see pic)
Message 3 of 7
kbsellars

Did that, but line disappears.
Message 4 of 7
mmccall

Check the label properties. If the anchor option is set to Fixed and the Dimension anchor value is set to an elevation beyond the limits of the profile view then the line will disappear.

HTH
Message 5 of 7
mbennum

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, and I can't seem to get it working either.

By "dimension anchor value" you mean the "Dimension Anchor Elevation Value for Structures" option under Pipe Networks>Edit Feature Settings?
Because no matter what I do, as soon as I set that line (or the text) to Structure Dimension it dissappears.

My profile goes up to 1075, so I set that to 1075, 1070, or whatever. Can't seem to get it working.
Message 6 of 7
mmccall

The value setting under "Edit Feature Settings" sets the default value given to new labels. A new label will inherit this value but en existing one will have the value that was current at the time it was created , but, you can change it afterwards to whatever you like. Your line could be disappearing because it's vlaue is set to zero, or a value that is beyond the profile view.

Drop me an message at MMccall at gellersive dot com. I'll send you a file with a working version of this style in it.
Message 7 of 7
mmccall

For anyone else who comes across this thread and wants the file, you can find it at the following link in the customer files.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=549490

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report