Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Inverts do not update dynamically

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevinjackman
1149 Views, 3 Replies

Structure Inverts do not update dynamically

whenever I change a pipe invert elevation via the properties palette in plan view, the structure does not update its inverts dynamically. the bottom of the structure stays in the same place. I am required to go into the structure properties, click ok, then it updates. Easy but annoying.

If i change the pipe invert in profile, the structure does update dynamically. If I make the invert change in the 'pipe properties', the structure updates dynamically as well.

Anyone else experience this?

Is there a quick way to update structures?

thanks

Civil 3D 2013, Service Pack 2

Windows 7.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi KevinJackman,

I have this with Civil 3D 2013, 2014 and 2015. In all cases using the properties palette does not update the structure when a pipe invert is modified.

Unfortunately there is not an update all feature, that will allow the stuctures to be updates all at the same time. As the properties palette is a core AutoCAD feature, it seems that there is a disconnect when updating a pipes invert.

What I will do is go ahead and log this with development so they can investigate this further. If you would also like to provide some feedback on this issue, please use the link below to do so.

Feedback Link:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

As you mentioned that changing the inverts in the "Pipe Properties" dialog does work, the only other suggestion I can offer that might be helpful, would be to use the Pipe Network Vista (Panorama) to modify your pipe inverts. You can get to this dialog by using the the "ShowPipeNetworkPanorama" command and then selecting the pipe network.

You can also edit pipe inverts in the toolspaces item preview, when the "Pipes" feature is selected.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 4

Applying a rule which resets the structure sump depth to zero will update the level however you will need to do this one at a time.

Also opening the structure properties following adjustment will update the values, or selecting the insertion grip sometimes updates the info.

For a method of adjusting all the structures please see Civil3dreminders for the custom update sumps aplpication however note that this will update all sumps with the value supplied.

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 4

Use the "pipe properties palette" from the  modify tab in the pipe networks ribbon, instead of using the "conventional properties palette " for the updating of pipe inverts. This will update the structures dynamically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report