Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Insertion Point / Elevation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
844 Views, 1 Reply

Structure Insertion Point / Elevation

I'm trying to work out some bugs with our pipe network templates and I'm running into a little wall here: is there a way to "force" and structure (a rectangular catch basin) to insert BELOW the gutter line of the proposed surface?  Per our const. standard we require the rin elevation to be 0.15' BELOW the straight gutter line elevation.  I've tried looking into adding a rule, but this doesn't seem to get me very far.

Also, since I'm here, is there a way to "lock" the pipe network elevations so they can't be changed once you're finished working with it?  We had a few instances this past year where the structures within a drawing detached from the top surface because it was frozen and/or turned off (I know you should just avoid doing some things, but poeples are going to do what they're going to do!).

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi kolk-

Have you tried changing the values in the Structure Properties dialog under INSERTION RIM BEHAVIOR>SURFACE ADJUSTMENT VALUE?

728i48A99E44BF4B4910

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report