Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structure expression

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
CADmgrMike
373 Views, 22 Replies

structure expression

I would like to make a structure label that shows the offset if it is greater than 0, but doesn't if it is a 0 offset.

I can't figure out how to remove the offset if is is 0.

Thanks.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: CADmgrMike

It can get complicated.
As Jay said the LT RT are in the composer. you can add as a seperate component... bla bla bla. atatch to the offset compont and asign text heigh via expression.

Or you can use a sepearate label style for the 0 offset and put an end to it 🙂
sort in the prospector RC select change the style for no offset?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 23
Bill_Myron
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Shouldnt be too hard to create the label from waht you have.

Change the Left and Right Abbreviations in the drawings setting as mentioned above.

Start with a line in the label. Make it the correct direction and length. The leader will attach to this.

Add these properties in your label as one text component anchor it to the line (bottom Left)

STA <[Structure Station]> (<[Expression for Modified Offset Value]>'<[Structure Offset Side]>)

Add the rest of your properties in another text component. anchor it to the line as well (top Left).

If you leave this label to "as composed" the text will not align when you drag the label to the left and you will need to change the tail loctaion of the leader, but if you do stacked text, you will lose the line component. Up to you whitch way you go.

Message 23 of 23
CADmgrMike
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

It's amazing the rabbit holes we'll go down to try and figure something out. Smiley Happy

I have about 6 or 8 label styles for various reasons that have the offset component.

My thought was if I could figure this out, I wouldn't have to have 12-16 labels for use when the offset was 0.

Pretty soon, the created label is so complicated, no one else can figure out how we got from point A to point B.

Oh well, I guess that's how we learn.

That's why we get paid the big bucks, right? LOL

I think I'll give it one more go around using an expression for the structure offset side.

Thanks everyone.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report