Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Default label style

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
StumpMasterFlex
317 Views, 1 Reply

Structure Default label style

Structure Default label style.  - When I start a new project and set up the default label style for structures it works ok, but on a project with an existing default label style set, it does not honour the new default I entered. 

Toolspace-Settings Tab-Pipe Network-Right Click -Edit Feature Settings - Default Name Format - Sturcture Name Template.

The previous default was Structure <next Counter>, I replaced Structure with MH <next Counter>, and it came up with the above.  I just want it to read MH 1 etc.   Not MH Structure 1 etc.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil Design Technologist (Exploration Technologist)
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
32. GB
64-bit Oepration System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

All the settings for default styles etc. are stored in the drawing you are working on.

If you open a drawing, change the dault style, the change will only happen for that drawing.

To get it to happen to all new drawings, you need to open your template, and make the change there.

Then any new drawing you create based on that template will have the default styles set as you want.

If you want to have that setting for existing drawings, try the command IMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS (Civil 3d 2013 & 2014) which you can use to import styles from other drawings and templates. I think the command was AECCIMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS for Civil 3d 2011.

In future please put which version of Civil 3d you are using as well as if it is 32 or 64bit and what service pack you have. This will make it a lot easier for people on the forums to help you with questions.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report