Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stringer connect rounding settings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DawnAW
388 Views, 3 Replies

Stringer connect rounding settings

Hello,

I have used stringer connect in the past and it seemed that my traverse shots (which went to four decimal places 0.0000) that were in my raw file were converted to a fbk file and it held the decimal places.  Now when I use it, the program rounds my shots to three decimal places (0.000) which changes the locations just slightly.  I don't think I changed any settings deliberately.  How can I get my four decimal places back?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: DawnAW

Check your precision settings in the Survey database.

On the Survey tab of Toolspace, right click the Survey database, select Edit Survey Database Settings.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
DawnAW
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the response.  I'm actually looking for the rounding settings for the Stringer Connect program.  I realize my question is a little out of place, this being a Civil 3D discussion group.  But I can't seem to find an answer anywhere and I know some people who frequent this discussion group also use Stringer Connect.  So I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: DawnAW

Which version are you using?

I'm not sure if there is a program or part there of to set the decimal places in stringer connect.

There is a file called numeric.dat which stores the settings used by stringer connect located either here

C:\ProgramData\CADApps\Stringer 2011

or

C:\ProgramData\CSS\Stringer 2012

or

C:\ProgramData\CSS\Stringer 2013

Open the file numeric.dat in notepad and change the number on the first line from 3 to 4. This is the number that controls the decimal places.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report