Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stream restoration design question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Hidden_Brain
661 Views, 2 Replies

stream restoration design question

i am looking to get some advice on how to do a stream restoration design with corridor modeling. for the low flow channel pool, i will have alternate riffle and pool sections. my understanding is riffle for X feet, then pool for Y feet, then repeat, per the riffle to pool spacing requirements.

my question is regarding the left pool and right pool sections. please see attached images. for left pool, width A > width B and vice versa. A+B is the same for both left and right pools. left pool assembly has to be applied when the centerline alignment is curving outward to the left side, right pool when curving outward to the right side.

is there a way to specify in corridor modeling when an assembly is to be applied based on the direction of the centerline alignment curves? i am not hung up on doing this with corridors, so if there is not a way, I would love to hear other people's thoughts on how to best approach this grading work.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Im not very stron on conditional assemblies but I understand they can target a polyline. You can place a target pline where you do or dont want the pool assembly

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Conditional SA are one way to do this, another would be to use offset alignments and apply a manual widing to the outside of the curves. Then use these new alignments to tie the bottom of the stream/pool to.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report