AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Hidden_Brain
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

stream restoration design question

247 Views, 2 Replies
06-24-2013 08:14 AM

i am looking to get some advice on how to do a stream restoration design with corridor modeling. for the low flow channel pool, i will have alternate riffle and pool sections. my understanding is riffle for X feet, then pool for Y feet, then repeat, per the riffle to pool spacing requirements.

my question is regarding the left pool and right pool sections. please see attached images. for left pool, width A > width B and vice versa. A+B is the same for both left and right pools. left pool assembly has to be applied when the centerline alignment is curving outward to the left side, right pool when curving outward to the right side.

is there a way to specify in corridor modeling when an assembly is to be applied based on the direction of the centerline alignment curves? i am not hung up on doing this with corridors, so if there is not a way, I would love to hear other people's thoughts on how to best approach this grading work.

Avishek Chhibber, P.E., CFM
Civil 3D 2013 SP2, Win 7-64 bit
8GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: stream restoration design question

06-24-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Im not very stron on conditional assemblies but I understand they can target a polyline. You can place a target pline where you do or dont want the pool assembly

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 3 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: stream restoration design question

06-24-2013 10:53 AM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Conditional SA are one way to do this, another would be to use offset alignments and apply a manual widing to the outside of the curves. Then use these new alignments to tie the bottom of the stream/pool to.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.