Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange UCS problem on multiple machines - C3D 2013

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Gary.Barr
495 Views, 6 Replies

Strange UCS problem on multiple machines - C3D 2013

Hi all,

Me and a colleague have become across a bit of a strange issue with Civil 3D 2013 installed on our machines.

Normally I can find the answer in the forums somewhere but so far I have drawn a blank.

Basically when either of us open some drawings, the UCS automatically changes to a side view and rotates it through 45 degrees. This doesn’t happen on all drawings. At first we thought it may have been the drawing, but when we opened it in C3D 2012 it opened as it should. This is happening on both of our machines, so I’m tempted to blame a dodgy image install. Our IT aren’t the best when it comes down to Autodesk product so I’m hoping it’s just a setting I can change somewhere.

Does anyone know what is going on?

The attached image shows what we are greeted with when we go into model space on some drawings.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.mckenzie
in reply to: Gary.Barr

Here is a place to start looking. I suspect it is a setting. Not sure but start here.Capture1.PNG

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

Not sure if this has been addressed in any Service Packs as I'm not using 2013 but your issue looks to be the same as in THIS related thread which has no Accepted solution but several workarounds for it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7

The reason I point here is because it does not happen in 2012 but does in 2013.

new setting?

It is not the same for every user

probably not built in to the deployment image then.

It happens in 2013 (new version for you) and in some drawings.

so I think it must be a new setting introduced in 2013 and stored at the drawing level.

I just don't know the answer to what I have described. I am throwing it out there in case someone else does.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 7

Here is a thread that discusses a similar issue but it occurs with named ucs. Are you using named ucs by chance?

I never have so I don't know how to advise.

Here is the link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Named-UCS-Civil-3d-2013/td-p/3498444

Message 6 of 7
Gary.Barr
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the quick replies.

This is a bit of a strange one. I'll have a read though the other thread and see what I can find.

It does seem to be something to do with 2013.

Message 7 of 7
Gary.Barr

Hi all,

Thank you for the quick replies. Jay B got me thinking about service pack and it turns out I didn't have any installed. I've just downloaded and installed SP1 & SP2 and we have a result!

The problem seems to have gone. I've opened a couple of drawings that caused this strange behaviour and it no longer happens.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report