Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange SITE name

83 REPLIES 83
Message 1 of 84
rkmcswain
2687 Views, 83 Replies

Strange SITE name

Anyone ever seen a mystery site like this?

This alignment and the others in this drawing were created on <None> site.

C3D 2013 SP2

sitename.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
83 REPLIES 83
Message 61 of 84
rl_jackson
in reply to: wesquinn

OK, I've about had it with this bug.

Now I can't label a parcel with a Number.

This needs to be fixed immediately - this getting close to completely shutting things down.

It has corrupted the inner works of labels so much I'm surprised anything is working

PLEASE FIX FOR C3D13 - 15

EDIT: I am beginning to wonder if this was not created by Service Pack 2 - I was a late installer for that service pack. Jeez I don't want to do a reinstall.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 62 of 84
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rl_jackson

I believe I started seeing this shortly after SP2 as well.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 63 of 84

I am using C3D 2013 with SP1 and i still see this error.

Message 64 of 84
rl_jackson
in reply to: jmayo-EE

And if I didn't have to get this survey out today - I would reinstall right now.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 65 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Unfortuantly this is about the only thing in CAD that is backwards compatible...

I opened a support ticket and was basically told to Intall 2014 SP2, open up ALL our infected files, reset the object names and save them...

Thousands, if not Tens of Thousands of files...

Message 66 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Reinstalling wont do a thing, the error is ingrained in the files.

Message 67 of 84
rl_jackson
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

"I opened a support ticket and was basically told to Intall 2014 SP2, open up ALL our infected files, reset the object names and save them..."

THAT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A FIX THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WORKAROUND

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 68 of 84
Kyle-Evans

More of a make work project for a cad monkey...

Message 69 of 84
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to follow up and provide an update regarding this issue. I know this has been a very frustrating issue and we do appologize for any inconvience this may have caused. Development has been hard at work looking into this issue and here is the current status.

Civil 3D 2013 - Has not been fixed

Civil 3D 2014 - Fixed with installation of SP2

Civil 3D 2015 - Being beta tested for SP1

If you have any feedback you would like to submit regarding the current product, please navigate to the link below and submit this to the project manager of that product (specified in link).  This will help the PM and developers hear your voice on any changes and or concerns.

Feedback Link:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Jason Ferrelli
Message 70 of 84
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

"Civil 3D 2013 - Has not been fixed"

What does that mean - will it be fixed? or is the product not going to be fixed and there by not supported any longer?

I find this very troubling considering the both 14 and 15 have the survey figure properties bug that 13 does not have. And even with 2 service packs on 14 there is no mention of fixing this item in the survey portion of the readme.

Just this one feature has held off any possiblity of upgrading to the newer versions.

Sincerly,

There red headed stepchild called the survey industry

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 71 of 84
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Jason.Ferrelli wrote:

I just wanted to follow up and provide an update regarding this issue. I know this has been a very frustrating issue and we do appologize for any inconvience this may have caused. Development has been hard at work looking into this issue and here is the current status.

Civil 3D 2013 - Has not been fixed

Civil 3D 2014 - Fixed with installation of SP2

Civil 3D 2015 - Being beta tested for SP1

A few posts above indicate that 2014 SP2 does not fix the issue, or at least there is a disagreement on the definition of "fix".

Would it be possible to elaborate on the issue itself? For example: Can it be avoided with some proactive measures in unpatched versions of C3D (2013 and currently 2015)?

Thanks for the update!

Message 72 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Yeah, not sure "fixed" is the term for it... Since it is 100% not backwards compatible... Even if i manage to strip the infection out of a file, give it 10-15 minutes and it comes right back on in!

Message 73 of 84
AllenJessup

It looks like SP1 may offer a fix.

• "An issue has been resolved where unexpected characters and text was added to objects in a drawing and within any drawings that were opened during the AutoCAD Civil 3D session."

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 74 of 84
rkmcswain
in reply to: AllenJessup

Same text as 2014 SP2 readme, which turned out to be a questionable fix IIRC.

I'll be giving it a shot soon.... Thanks.
Message 75 of 84
AllenJessup

Yeah. That's why I used the word "may".

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 76 of 84
rkmcswain

So given an "infected" DWG, that includes some feature lines with the long crazy, non user added name (i.e.: aecc00080000ffff0000ccaeccae0000Teilflungsleistung_V)

Opened this DWG in 2013 and of course the long names are still there.

Opened this DWG in 2015 and the names do not show up.

Save this DWG using 2015, and opened it again in 2013 and there is no change to the DWG file, the long crazy name still shows up.

So it seems that what the "fix" is doing is either:

1. Removing/hiding this data when the DWG is opened (2014 SP2 and 2015 SP1)  --OR--
  2. Non 2014 SP2 & 2015 SP1 versions are _adding_ this data upon opening the drawing.

Message 77 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Exactly... they have just band-aided it, not sure if they actually fixed it...

Message 78 of 84
AllenJessup
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

The real question would be is it still "infectious" in 2015.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 79 of 84
Kyle-Evans

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say yes...

Message 80 of 84
Jay_B

@rkmcswain wrote:
So it seems that what the "fix" is doing is either:
  1. Removing/hiding this data when the DWG is opened (2014 SP2 and 2015 SP1)  --OR--
  2. Non 2014 SP2 & 2015 SP1 versions are _adding_ this data upon opening the drawing. 

I would agree it's something along those lines, I hadn't noticed it (not that I've went looking a lot) since

installing 2014 SP2.

Seen it again for first time the other day when helping Here where the OP indicated it was a pre-SP2 2014 file.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report