Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange lines on crosssection plot

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
GZE
Advocate
2592 Views, 8 Replies

Strange lines on crosssection plot

Am getting these lines on my crossection when I plot my crosssection sheets. they don appear when I preview. they only appear after printing. I really need to print these crosssections for submission.

Any suggestions??

Am using civil 3d 2013 update 2.1

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: GZE

If you select one line and right click, do you see an option to 'Reset Label' or similar command? If so select it. then hit return to execute the command again and select all of them with a crossing window.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
GZE
Advocate

I have found a solution, the lines appeared only after printing, it happened because all layer thicknesses were set to 0 in the lane super AOR subassembies which were used at the edges of my assembly. filling the layer thickness solved it.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 4 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Wow, I never would have guessed that.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey

@GZE wrote:

I have found a solution, the lines appeared only after printing, it happened because all layer thicknesses were set to 0 in the lane super AOR subassembies which were used at the edges of my assembly. filling the layer thickness solved it.

This is one reason why I don't use zero for any value in a subassembly.  If you look at the help for most subassemblies, you'll see some of the values say, "Positve, non-zero value" for the acceptable value and I can never remember where those values are. If it says you can't put in a 0 and you do, it should prompt you saying, "Hey! You can't do that! Didn't you read the help files?"

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: BrianHailey

I'm on Lisa's boat. I never would have thought about that.

Like Brian and I bet Lisa does this as well I approximate zero. I use 0.00001 units for anything I want to be zero in subassemblies.

There really should be a note on this in the Help files on the Creating Assemblies page.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
jeddordal

I had the same problem and had no idea what was going on and would never have thought of this. Thanks for finding a solution

Message 8 of 9
dtheisN8XAR

Thank you, this was able to resolve my problem.

Message 9 of 9
Jadon_LippincottLSJU5

What do you mean by 'Layer Thickness?" Do you mean linetype weight?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report