Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange behavior on moving-rotating pline

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
achillesgr
325 Views, 6 Replies

strange behavior on moving-rotating pline

Hello,

I have some imported points and a polyline created with those.

When i try to rotate the pline around a poit it seems that some edges are locked? 

Even if I copy this pline in an empty area alone and try to rotate it again i get the same resulsts.i tried the move comand with a vertex as a base and the same reults.

I do not know where the edges are locked .

Can someone please help?

What is going on?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
achillesgr
in reply to: achillesgr

Anyone?
Message 3 of 7
nestly2

I don't understand the question because plines don't have edges.  Perhaps the pline has some geometric constraints applied?   Can you copy the object to a new drawing and attach the drawing here?

Message 4 of 7
antoniovinci

If you try the _3DROTATE or _ALIGN commands, what happens?

Message 5 of 7
achillesgr
in reply to: antoniovinci

Hello,
By edges locked I mean that some of the lines that form the plne,(segments?please forgive my terminology)are locked.how can I check if there is a constrain somewhere?
I will try the 3drotate and copy to another's DWG and let you know guys.
Thanks
Message 6 of 7
MikeEvansUK

Does the polyline have a strange elevation assigned to it? When you change this it disappears?

If so this is the culprit, it was probably created from a grading or featureline (inc corridor feature) I don't know why it happens but this has been a defect for many years.

The fix is explode to lines, change start /end z values to zero and recreate polyline.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 7 of 7
rendarin
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

mikeevans said: "Does the polyline have a strange elevation assigned to it? When you change this it disappears? ..."

I've also had this happen to me previously, and I don't think it's just from grading or featurelines, as it occured from an architectural Master Plan (subdivision) that was made from CAD alone. To fix this I usually use the FLATTEN command, but (if I recall correctly) it sometimes screws up arcs.

Going back to the topic,
Are you sure it's a Polyline and not some other type of object?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report