Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Straighten Parcel Segment

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
AllenJessup
3340 Views, 12 Replies

Straighten Parcel Segment

Is there a way to straighten a curved parcel segment? IOW Turn the curve in to a straight line.

I thought I has seen this coverd here before. But I can't find it.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 2.1
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

I don't think there is a way. I exploded the parcel to a polyline, used the mid-arc grip to turn the curve to a line segment and recreated the parcel from the polyline. No too difficult, but it would be nice if parcels had the same mid-arc grip.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
rl_jackson

I have found this issue as well, in fact I recently stopped creating parcels with polylines and create them from single segments, the advantage to this is that the segments remain single entites but you can still lable all of them at once. if you need to delete a specific segment you just delete it and add a new one in. Seems to make things a little easier IMO.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: rl_jackson

Interesting. Do you still get an area label?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
rl_jackson

Sure do, that's part of my standard setup, with parcels. I automatically get area and then select the B&D line and curve labels based on the situation.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
sboon

Allen, most of the feature line editing tools on the Modify tab of the Ribbon can be used with Parcel lines, as long as they have multiple segments.  The command for deleting a curve doesn't work for some reason, but you can get rid of one by deleting the PI at the beginning of the curve.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: sboon

Hi Steve,

Yes. I knew about the Featureline tools. I'd just been adding PIs before I got to the curve. I did try removing the PI. However it didn't work in this case. It may have been because I was unlucky enough to end up with the curve as the closing line.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
jmayo-EE

I just draw the new parcel line or convert linework then I use the parcel editing tools to delete the curve.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Delete sub-entity command from the parcel layout tools toolbar to be more specific.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
AllenJessup

Have you then tried to add a line to the now open parcel. That's where I couldn't get any further. I could delete the curve but couldn't get a line to replace it.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 2.1
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
jmayo-EE

I try not to leave open parcels. I add the line first which I hope creates the new parcel and then delete or f-line trim the curve which should be an extraneous parcel. Of course this depends on which side of the curve you are on. Convex, concave? 😉

Send me a file if you want.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
AllenJessup

Thanks John but I've already exploded the parcel and recreated it. I may try to recreate the situation as a learning exercise. The line would have been on the concave side putting the curve inside the parcel.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
AllenJessup

OK. What I did that worked (with help from johnm) was to trace over the arc, use the line and the new
arc to create a new parcel then delete the 2 common sub-entities between the parcels, the arcs. The parcels will merge. I tried Parcel Union but it didn't work.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report