AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

jahunt05
Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Storm Structure Table Style

290 Views, 2 Replies
12-28-2012 08:26 AM

I have set up a table style to display the type of structure, top of casting, and invert in and out elevations. I have also added a column to display the depth (rim to sump height). When the structure is a headwall, no depth is needed; however, the table displays this data as "???". Is there a way to only show depths greater than zero within the table editor for rim to sump height?

*Pro
dgordon
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Storm Structure Table Style

12-28-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: jahunt05

you might be able to build an expression that shrinks the text really small when a certain condition exists therefore making it look as if it's not there.

Also if only 1 or 2 structures have the question marks why not just use a wipeout to cover them.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 3 of 3 (210 Views)

Re: Storm Structure Table Style

12-30-2012 08:20 PM in reply to: dgordon

dgordon wrote:

you might be able to build an expression that shrinks the text really small when a certain condition exists therefore making it look as if it's not there.

Also if only 1 or 2 structures have the question marks why not just use a wipeout to cover them.

Unfortunately, you can't use an expression for the height of the text within a table. It works just fine within a label style, just won't work for a table. You can use the expression within the table however. I was hoping an expression like IF({Rim to Sump Height},{Rim to Sump Height},-1) and simply tell the text component to hide negative values but that doesn't seem to work. It seems that if there is no {Rim to Sump Height} it simply returns ??? if that value is ever querried.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!